PDA

View Full Version : Where did this come from? Mead and Company

daisy
10-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I was looking at my programs list and I saw this listed at the bottom of the list.
I have never noticed it before and don't know what it is? :confused:

I searched google and still am clueless about it. :o

It shows
Mead and Company and it then opens to - license manager

Should I delete or remove it?

thanks ,daisy :)

razzputin
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Is this what is installed :

http://www.meadroid.com/

if so,scroll down left side and click "security manager" and read the article. About half way down the page it explains " how and why" it a little bit.

daisy
10-18-2007, 09:55 AM
It looks like the same thing.
When I checked the license manager it opened up to the same page that came up when I checked your link and security manager.

I still don't know HOW I got it on my computer? :rolleyes: I am so dumb about computers! :o
I never know if it is safe to remove things. Should I get rid of it?

Phil
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
If this is something you neither want nor need, then by all means get rid of it. It is not a part of any essential Windows OS.

daisy
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
If this is something you neither want nor need, then by all means get rid of it. It is not a part of any essential Windows OS.

Thanks Phil,
I am going to get rid of it.
At least I will try to get rid of it! :D

trapper
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Probably you should leave it alone. I also have in on my PCs: See Below:

>>>>>>>>>About us
MeadCo is an established company which specializes in the development of Windows web-technology utilities and application construction & licensing tools. The company's portfolio of products includes:

Neptune: a Netscape-compatible plug-in which hosts Microsoft's WebBrowser control. The Neptune plug-in -- which can be thought of as gateway through which to launch Windows- and Internet Explorer-specific content from other brands of browser -- is free to use and to deploy.
ScriptX: now the de facto printing control for the web, developed to provide absolute control over document printing operations from client and server computers running Internet Explorer. A subset of ScriptX printing and script-enhancement functionality is available at no charge and is freely distributable.
Zeepe: a powerful, light weight and easy-to-script framework which enables rich web-technology content to be delivered to Windows computers in custom client applications, either locally or directly over the Internet or corporate intranet. The Zeepe rich client framework can be used to build anything from multi-windowed data entry front-ends for back office systems to compact microclients and fully-branded custom browser applications. A subset of Zeepe functionality can be deployed without charge for local machine use as a super-set of Microsoft's HTA offering.
Zeepe and ScriptX application code is available to all users free of charge, with the licensed distribution of both being managed by MeadCo's address-bound Security Manager schema. The company's user-centric publishing licenses have proved to be 100% functional and secure over eight+ years of wide-scale corporate deployment.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

daisy
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Probably you should leave it alone. I also have in on my PCs:

I guess my worry was that I had never seen it on my program list before.
I know that I didn't go to their web site and add it.

So I am confused?

Dustylady
10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Some web pages use this to display items on their web sites. You do not have to go to their site to get the software as it would be loaded when viewing the page using that software. Kinda like some sites use Java software for their web page. Best comparison/explanation I can think of. :)

daisy
10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks!
Maybe that is how I got it. :)