PDA

View Full Version : Hello World PK-5 FlexiCAM 350K USB Webcam

mnevarez
05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I just purchase "Hello World PK-5 FlexiCAM 350K USB Webcam" for my Sony Vaio Laptop. Followed all of the instructions i.e. 1) install the drivers, 2) reboot, 3) plug in the webcam, 4) reboot again, 5) then ask me to install the drivers again which I find kind of strange. Once I'm done, it doen't work. First of all, it took the USB functionality away. I have an external hard drive which it doesn't recognize anymore. So I uninstalled the drivers again, rebooted the laptop and still, doesn't recognize my external hard drive. Very strange. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

sharber60
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Are your other USB ports working now? In Device Manager is there any
problem marks under +USB

What version of Windows is on this PC? Have you tried the external
Drive on any other USB ports?

Is there a website listed for help with the camera installation?

mnevarez
05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm running Windows XP SP2. And the only thing that works on USB ports is my microsoft wireless mouse. There aren't any problems that I can see in Device Manager.

The package says www.helloworld.com. I went to the website and there isn't any help at all.

When I did a search on the FlexiCam PK-5 I found a manual at www.a4tech.com.

sharber60
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Strange they would need the mouse driver uninstalled?
Can you return this Web Cam?

If your mouse is wireless then this would be a conflict I would think

* All PC Drivers are in Zip format . Therfore , if you do not have Zip software yet , please download & install WinZip before installing the device driver .
Instruction on How to download and install the driver properly :
1 ) Press Download button to download the desired driver .
2 ) Save it somewhere where you will remember after download . We recommend that you save it on your desktop , so it will be easy to find .
3 ) After successfully downloading the driver , do not open the driver file until you make sure the following has completed : ***REMOVE / UNINSTALL any original mouse driver from the PC . ( If you forgot to do this part , your driver may not be able to install correctly and successfully later )
4 ) After the original mouse driver has been removed , open the downloaded file .
5 ) Follow the on-screen instructions .
6 ) When it's successfully installed , please restart your computer .
7 ) After you have restarted the computer , you will see on the bottom right corner of the taskbar a mouse icon . This means you have installed the driver successfully .

http://www.a4tech.com/ennew/emailus.asp

mnevarez
05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I followed those instructions to the tee and still cannot get my webcam to work. What ends up happening is in Device Manager I end up seeing Other Devices then USB22.0 Web Camera. When I try to reinstall the drivers and point it to the folder(s) it says that it cannot find the drivers it's looking for.

bigjps
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I have also tried to install this camera on my desktop and laptop going the same route as you. I am unable to get the thing working. Since I purchased it at this site I ask for help on the CONTACT US link and they refuse to answer. That ticks me off. I guess I will just have to bad mouth this site at ever opportunity and return the crappy product.

billm65
05-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Did you click on the bottom for "Contact Us"?

http://www.helloworld.com/global_frameset.aspx