PDA

View Full Version : Click & Shake !

yorkshire lass
04-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Here's a link to a magic globe.Click on the ball.

Type in your street address with city & state or somewhere

you used to live. Then you click on "shake"

a photo of the house appears! I tried it 6 times with

addresses of people I know & it worked every time.

http://www.draftfcb.com/holiday2011/

islandman
04-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Interesting but only mildly accurate. My first attempt with my home address, showed next door. My old address showed the length of road but no actual house, my third attempt to an older house was right, and the in-law's house, again the length of road. will try again later.

Acer
04-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Interesting but only mildly accurate. My first attempt with my home address, showed next door. My old address showed the length of road but no actual house, my third attempt to an older house was right, and the in-law's house, again the length of road. will try again later.

Same here, only once in five attempts. It never did show my home, only the corner of my street. Google maps works every time for all of the attempted addresses. Guess it's still in learning mode... :D

jerew
04-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I tried several addresses and the same tops of trees kept appearing..they were all my addresses(current and former) so guess there's an omen.. Jere

billm65
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Afraid I get better results from Google Earth...

islandman
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
But, in hindsight, thanks for the link, it might have been perfect in which case we would all be passing it on.

yorkshire lass
04-16-2012, 02:11 PM
But, in hindsight, thanks for the link, it might have been perfect in which case we would all be passing it on.

Well it was sent to me by a friend in Cyprus who got all her addresses OK, I got 3 of mine OK , but one showed the opposite side of the street. Just a bit of fun, no great shakes !!

surferdude
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Thanks,it worked fine here:)

jholland1964
04-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Same here, only once in five attempts. It never did show my home, only the corner of my street. Google maps works every time for all of the attempted addresses. Guess it's still in learning mode... :D
I can't prove it but would guess that these photos are from google maps but older photos. The globe picture of my home I know was an old google map photo because it contained a tree we had to remove about 5 years ago that had previously appeared on google maps. The new google photo no longer shows the tree.
The other ones I tried were identical to photos shown on google maps, except for one which is a gated community that does not allow google to come in and photograph. The globe merely showed a map. Google maps showed the satellite view of the entire community without any addresses available.
But it's a fun site Dawn, thanks!:D

Penny
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM

Hi Dawn....

That is really neat!! :)

I put in my first childhood street address, my second childhood street address, my home address 30 years ago, Mr Penny's childhood street address, my daughter's present street address, my oldest son's present street address, my youngest son's present street address, and lastly my present street address........and it worked perfectly all 8 times.:)

For those of you having trouble getting it to work, I'm guessing that you are not holding your mouth correctly when you enter your address....:p:D

Thanks for posting Dawn.....great fun!!