PDA

View Full Version : Bugs, or should I say, insects

Janice_Jean
11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
What a wonderful new forum!

We need categories; i.e. flowers, pets, landscape, insects, people & people parts. :D

I like to take pictures of bugs. I see a lot of them in my garden and flowers. Some of them rival the flowers in their detail and beauty.

I use an old Kodak DC120 to image them.

Below is one of my favorite 'bug' pictures, wish it was clearer. Ever seen one of these? It is very tiny.

Regards,

AussieRon
11-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Janice Jean,
Is that a bug or a spider?
We have a very similar looking spider over here with the body shaped like the one in your picture. From the front, they have very big black eyes and green legs etc.
They can jump about two feet if you disturb them. They come in various colours but mostly yellow body, with green legs.
Absolutely harmless of course. They would be about 3/8ths of an inch in size.

Ron D

Janice_Jean
11-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi Ron,

You are correct, it is a Spider, not a bug. It lived on my African Morning Glory. That plant seems to attract only things that are yellow or golden.

Below are images of a special ladybug type insect that is only found on this plant. It changes colors similar to a cameleon (sp?) and at times appears to be pure gold. It is marvelous to see. I had just gotten the camera when I took these images and didn't get it very clear. This year I have not seen it once. :( Hopefully it will come back next season.