PDA

View Full Version : mr. squirrel

robarro
12-21-2003, 10:47 AM
this guy use to come right up to me. he scared me a number of times. he use to come to the back door and torment the dogs. i haven't seem him in a long time so i assume the worse.

robarro
12-21-2003, 10:50 AM
another, when he is crashed out.

Red Squirrel
12-21-2003, 02:46 PM
That title caught my attention. :D He's cute. Did he actually just sleep right there on the ground? If yes, I would assume the worse for the poor thing too... not very safe to sleep in the middle of no where like that, especially in a urban area.

We had a red squirrel (only ones we see around here) that came once in a while but I never got to see him up close. There was a few chipmunks and I saved them a few times they got stuck up in the bird feeder, it was easy to jump to it since it was hanging off the roof of the shed, but it was hard to climb the cable to get back on the roof to go down the tree, especially with cheecks full of seeds, so I took a stick and put it close to him and he walked down. All rodents are so cute. :cool:

robarro
12-21-2003, 08:02 PM
actually, this is how much this guy trusted me. he would come up and blindside me from about 8'' away. never would take anything from my hand but he would get close enough at times. the dogs hated him as he would taunt them even when they were loose outside. up one tree to another. they did ALMOST catch him once which only made him bolder.
i took this standing over him about 3 feet away.
the first pic was from less than 2'.

Red Squirrel
12-21-2003, 08:14 PM
haha seems he was quite the show off. :D

Where we used to camp I had one that always came to see me. Once I ran out of nuts but I was eating a chocolate bar that had peanut butter in it so I gave a peice. Never seen the squirre for the rest of the day. Must of been quite filling.:D