PDA

View Full Version : printer help

Duckie
12-22-2003, 08:01 AM
I just bought a digital camera (Canon Powershot A80) and I'm looking for a new printer. I would like one that will print nice photos as well as being good for general printing needs. Right now Office Max has a deal that's great....an Epson Stylus C64 with a Digitrex 3.2MP camera for $79 after rebates. I don't need the camera, but could give it to someone. The printer has decent reviews. Also, I've wondered is it possible to use two printers on your pc? I've thought of keeping the old one for making cards etc. since it's OK for that.......this is just a thought though as I'll probably get rid of it. Yesterday I looked at printers online & read reviews til my eyes crossed! Too many choices almost and confusing. I did like one from Canon, the Canon i560 as it can use either parallax or USB connection & I only have 2 USB & both are being used. I'd really appreciate any ideas anyone might have!

robarro
12-22-2003, 09:06 AM
duckie,
i'd go with the canon. i love my s600 and the newer onrs are even better.
also with the cost of ink i prefer to refil my own.
the epson is almost impossible to refil and the canon is a breeze.
yes you can run two printers on one machine, just make one of them the default printer.
you can get a 4 port usb adapter for about $5 .
you plug it into an existing usb port and then plug in up to 4 devices into it.

HARLEY
12-22-2003, 09:26 AM
If your going to print photos ,I'd go with a laserjet instead of one of the cheap ones.......you'll get much better quality! :)

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236251-236268.html

Duckie
12-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Thank you! I think I will go with the canon....not positive which model yet. I've never tried refilling the ink. Wondering if the new ones are refillable? I found a site yesterday that talks about refilling Epson cartridges. They have a "chip resetter" gizmo that supposedly resets the chips in the cartridges back to full & then you can easily refill them (???????). I think I'll look for the USB adder-on-er.....Radio Shack maybe? I looked at the HP Laserjets and WOW are they expensive! Don't think I can afford something like that right now for the few photos I may want to print.
Thanks again for the great input!