PDA

View Full Version : How do I email my pictures??

Brismomma
03-02-2004, 04:25 AM
I have a digital camera which stores the pictures on 3" floppy discs. I can get the pictures from the floppy to the computer BUT how do I get it from there to an email?? A lot of these pictures are of my daughter and I would like to email them to her aunts and uncles who live quite a distance away, how do I do this??:eek:

Jaberwoc
03-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi Brismomma,
First check that your picture files are saved in .jpg format, most cameras do this by default, ifnot you can convert tem by opening them in a program such as irfanview or other picture editor, then resaving in .jpg format.
To send them, open a create mail window, I'm assuming you use OE( Outlook Express), then go to the insert menu, click and select file attachment, this opens a dialogue box where you can navigate to where your picture files are stored then select the picture or pictures you want, then click on "Attach" the attachments should appear in your e-mail ina window beneath the subject bar. Complete your e-mail text as normal, and you're done. Hope this helps. ;) :D

Edit :-- welcome to Worldstart.

Lailani
03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
ps......you also may want to resize the pics before emailing...it not only makes them alot easier to see, it makes them smaller files. This can also be done in the Infranview that jaber mentioned. The software that came with your cam prob also has this option.

Brismomma
03-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Jaberwoc and Lailani, Thanks for the "instructions" on emailing my pictures. I finally got time to try it last night (March 6) but have not heard back from anyone I sent them to so don't know if they went or not. My 11 year old daughter is having surgery (tonsils and adnoids) Monday morning so we will leave home this afternoon (it is a 2 1/2 hour drive) and spend the night in the hospitals "hospitality house" so we can have her to the hospital early for sign in, etc, before surgery. I am hoping to hear from someone before we leave since I won't have access to my email again until late tuesday evening. So I will just have to wait and see if I did it correctly. Thanks again:)

Jaberwoc
03-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Hi Brismomma,
Glad you tried it out, if you duck out on the first attempt, just try again. Hands on experience helps a lot, don't forget you can email yourself to see if it works. :D :D

Brismomma
03-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Thanks, again. I didn't think to email them to myself:o I will do that.