PDA

View Full Version : ZoneAlarm 4.5.594.000 Released! 2004-04-13

Crockett
04-13-2004, 08:36 PM
All three of the ZoneAlarm products have updates.
Current version for all three is 4.5.594.000

1. ZoneAlarm Pro: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html
Changes: Fixed ID Lock display issue
Added in-client Security Scanner support
Routine maintenance items

2. ZoneAlarm Plus: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zaPlus/releaseHistory.html
Changes: Routine maintenance items.

3. ZoneAlarm Free: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html

I would recommend you use the update feature under 'OVERVIEW', then 'PREFERENCES', or by downloading the update file and running it over top the old, rather than a clean install for this minor update, unless you are going from version 3 to 4.

*Turn off the TRUE VECTOR service before you update. Take away the check from 'LOAD ZONEALARM AT STARTUP'.

sj1183
04-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks bro.:D I'm on it.
Take care.:cool:

hal9000
04-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks Crockett.

sheila
04-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Thank you Crocket.
Tis done. :)

Sheila

Crockett
04-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Been there, done it! :D....you guys are welcome. :D

Penny
04-21-2004, 04:24 PM
04-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Crockett
Bond 007 Join Date: Sep 2002

ZoneAlarm 4.5.594.000 Released! 2004-04-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All three of the ZoneAlarm products have updates.
Current version for all three is 4.5.594.000

1. ZoneAlarm Pro: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fr...aseHistory.html
Changes: Fixed ID Lock display issue
Added in-client Security Scanner support
Routine maintenance items

2. ZoneAlarm Plus: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fr...aseHistory.html

3. ZoneAlarm Free: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fr...aseHistory.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crockett~~

My computer was upgraded from Win 98SE to ME today, and I just now got a message that I should download the Zone Alarm Update that you guys are talking about in this thread. I haven't done this before, so I need some help. I have the free version of Zone Alarm.(4.5.538.001 version)

You say to~~~

I would recommend you use the update feature under 'OVERVIEW', then 'PREFERENCES', or by downloading the update file and running it over top the old, rather than a clean install for this minor update, unless you are going from version 3 to 4.

*Turn off the TRUE VECTOR service before you update. Take away the check from 'LOAD ZONEALARM AT STARTUP'.

Sounds like you are giving several different ways that the Update could be dowloaded. I'm lost!! :rolleyes: Can you please give me specific directions for the easiest way for me to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Penny:)

Penny
04-21-2004, 06:09 PM
"Bumpety Bump" Hope someone will help!!

Aunt_PittyPat
04-22-2004, 08:47 AM
"Bumpety Bump" Hope someone will help!!

Thanks Crockett

I say, Penny, go to the link that applies to your situation and look for and download the freebie or click on the update feature in your current installation

Crockett
04-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Exactly.....sorry I wasn't around much yesterday.

1. Go to the link provided and get the new download. (don't install yet)
2. Open up ZoneAlarm and turn off the True Vector Service.
3. Close ZA (also from the system tray where the clock is)
4. Reboot.
5. Go to Start | Run...browse for the new download and install it.

Penny
04-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Crockett~~

Thank you so much for your help!! Your specific directions are exactly what I needed!!

One problem~~I can't find True Vector Service anywhere in ZA~~I searched everywhere for it. Can you tell me where to find it in the "free" ZA?

Also, I have only downloaded a couple of times, and I am never sure "where" to download to so that I can find it again~~both times I downloaded to "desktop" just so I could find it easily. LOL!! Any help on where to download the ZA update would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for so many questions!! :rolleyes: Again, thanks so much for helping this Old Gal!!

Bruce
04-22-2004, 07:27 PM
After you D/L the New Version and are offline, simply right Click on ZA and Shut it Down, then Install New Version. HTH.

Crockett
04-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Crockett~~
One problem~~I can't find True Vector Service anywhere in ZA~~I searched everywhere for it. Can you tell me where to find it in the "free" ZA?

In ZA on the sidebar click on 'OVERVIEW', then click on the 'PREFERENCES' tab.
Take away the check from 'LOAD ZONEALARM AT STARTUP.

Also, I have only downloaded a couple of times, and I am never sure "where" to download to so that I can find it again~~both times I downloaded to "desktop" just so I could find it easily. LOL!! Any help on where to download the ZA update would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I do.
Inside My documents, create a folder called 'DOWNLOADS' and download all software from the web into that folder.
To do that, open up My Documents, then on that toolbar, click on 'FILE' >'NEW' >'FOLDER'.

Penny
04-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Bruce~~

I understand that part~~What I don't know is where to find the "True Vector Service" that Crockett says I should turn off in ZA before installing the Update.

Thanks!!

Penny
04-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Crockett~~

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Exactly what I needed!!

You are a Dear!! :D :D

Penny :)

Crockett
04-22-2004, 08:19 PM
You're welcome, Penny. :D

Penny
04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Crockett~~

Had to leave yesterday, and didn't get back to working on get ZA update until now.

Problem~~When I try to take the check away from 'Load Zone Alarm at Startup', it won't let me do it. It just stays checked no matter how many times I try to uncheck it :(

Help!!

Crockett
04-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Crockett~~

Had to leave yesterday, and didn't get back to working on get ZA update until now.

Problem~~When I try to take the check away from 'Load Zone Alarm at Startup', it won't let me do it. It just stays checked no matter how many times I try to uncheck it :(

Help!!

hmmmm.....that's weird.
How about closing ZA, then pressing "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" to bring up the Task Manager.
Under 'PROCESSES' tab, highlight 'VSMON.EXE' and click on 'END TASK'.
Now install it.

Penny
04-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Crockett~~

Got it!! :D Mucho Gracias!!