PDA

View Full Version : EMachines 340 T2984 CD Burn Program ?

Sizcat
12-28-2004, 06:39 PM
About 5 weeks ago I got my first computer, EMachines 340 T2984. It has a CD RW and a DVD. My question is what is the program I use to burn a CD ? I haven't tried to burn a CD yet. Wanted to find the program. This may be a very stupid question but I am new to computers, sorry. If you need more info will be glad to post it.

Thanks, Siz

EMachines 340 T2984

Balo
12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
If your Operating System is XP you have built in CD burning. Music CD's may be burned through the Windows Media Program. To burn Data CD's right click and choose Send to Record Now.

Of course you are better off buying a program such as Roxio Easy CD or Nero to be your burning program as they are faster than the Windows program.

Sizcat
12-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much Balo for your answer. Yes I have Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 installed. Sounds like I should invest in one of the programs you mentioned. I appreciate your time.

Thanks, Siz

MoodyLou
12-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Personally, I like Musicmatch Jukebox for my burning needs....

Gruss
12-29-2004, 07:18 AM
About 5 weeks ago I got my first computer, EMachines 340 T2984. It has a CD RW and a DVD. My question is what is the program I use to burn a CD ? I haven't tried to burn a CD yet. Wanted to find the program. This may be a very stupid question but I am new to computers, sorry. If you need more info will be glad to post it.

Thanks, Siz

EMachines 340 T2984

If you've an installed burner, then there's likely an installed software for it! Try looking in your Program Files for what's installed! Nero, Roxio, Easy Cd Creator, any program like these are burn apps. George.

Sizcat
12-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I would like to thank you all for your time and the helpful info you provided to me. I will do some exploring and see if I can figure this all out. If not, sorry but I will be back with more questions. :) Thanks again.

Happy New Year, Siz

sharber60
12-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Software doesn`t show CD Burning software.

http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T2984

Pre-Installed Software: Microsoft Works 7.0 1, Microsoft Money 2004, Encarta Online, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, Microsoft Media Player, Real Player, PowerDVD, Internet Explorer, CompuServe®, Norton AntiVirus 2004 (90 day complimentary subscription), BigFix®

Ambitious PC - Modest Price
The hardworking T2984 gives you stellar PC power, performance and style at a sensible price! This machine's features really rock: a super-charged Intel® Celeron® D processor 340 (2.93GHz), Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, 80GB hard drive, 512MB DDR memory, Intel® PRO 10/100 Integrated LAN, 56K ITU V.92 ready fax/modem, Intel® Extreme Graphics 3D chip, CD-RW and DVD drives and an 8-in-1 digital media manager—all backed by eMachines' world-class support. You'll be able to create spreadsheets and reports, e-mail, watch your favorite DVDs, burn CDs, play PC games and much more. Put this T2984 to work for you and let the excitement start now.

Seems strange there is no CD Burning software except for XP`s built-in and Windows Media Player for audio.

Gruss
12-30-2004, 06:28 AM
I would like to thank you all for your time and the helpful info you provided to me. I will do some exploring and see if I can figure this all out. If not, sorry but I will be back with more questions. :) Thanks again.

Happy New Year, Siz

Here's (http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html) a site to grab some free software & give burning a try. George.
Happy New Year!

QuinnK
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Whether you need another burn program or not depends on what you plan on doing as to burning cds, many users are perfectly happy with the XP burn program... others need, or prefer, another program. Depends on what you want to do.

Take care... Quinn