PDA

View Full Version : Firefox DeskCut extension

Angel
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I noticed it disappeared from my options, so I tried to download it last night. I restarted Firefox, and it said that it wouldn't work because of Chrome something. I changed the theme to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. I got the same error message. Any ideas? I use this a lot, but I'm not sure when it disappeared on me.
Thanks.

Elwood
02-28-2006, 01:23 PM
What version of Firefox are you running? Help menu > about Mozilla Firefox

Does DeskCut appear in tools menu > extensions? If so, is it "greyed out" (disabled)?

If you could take a screenshot of the error message and post it here it might help.

Angel
02-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks Elwood. I am using version 1.0.7.
Its not in the tools/extensions at all. I have downloaded it and tried to install it about 4 times now and this time I took a screenshot. :)

Also, after I clicked on view details, this is what it said:
Chrome Registration failed for Extension '{9125C9CB-BE2B-4389-A0C7-46A4BDD46AEA}' when calling nsIXULChromeRegistry::installSkin with this chrome path: jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mom/Application%20Data/
Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/mboolnyp.default/extensions/
%7B9125C9CB-BE2B-4389-A0C7-46A4BDD46AEA%7D/chrome/deskcut.jar!/
skin/classic/ (profile extension = true). Perhaps this path does not exist within the chrome JAR file, or the contents.rdf file at that location is malformed?

Thanks a bunch.

HARLEY
02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Try this! (http://deskcut.mozdev.org/uninstall.html)

Elwood
02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Read under this heading:

Chrome Registration error fix (https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Bookmarks&id=66&&page=comments)

Looks like all you need to do is clear your cache.

Angel
02-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks. I must have missed a direction in Harley's post cos it still didn't work. I used yours Elwood, and for some reason I had to start FF twice before it installed. (It didn't install the first time, but I checked and it still said it would install the next time it was opened, so I closed and reopened, and Voila!
Thanks a bunch!