PDA

View Full Version : test for Firefox

razzputin
04-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Before I download a third browser, would someone with firefox test this link to see if will open. I use opera and it doesn't open (previous thread) . It will open with IE but I am trying to find another alternate. If Firefox opens it just click on any of the top right hand news videos. You may not understand the language so just let me know if you hear sound and see movements.
Thanks in advance. Razz.

http://tna.mcot.net/i-content.php?clip_id=pqCVpaQ=

Ok-Lets-Go
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
It took awhile to open and I'm on cable video played ok had to let it load that took awhile also..Firefox

razzputin
04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks a lot for testing for me. Now I will download Firefox .Any little tricks I should be aware of with Firefox?

Elwood
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Don't make it default browser until you get to know it better. Answer no when prompted the first time you run it, you can always make it default browser later if you want to.

Any other questions you have, feel free to ask. You may want to start new topics each tme so any questions you have will get more attention from all members.

razzputin
04-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Looks good . Definitely will have a few questions as I go along. one thing I like with Opera is the Tab browsing and am trying to get it in FF. Is it possible?

Elwood
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Middle click (press mouse wheel) any link, bookmark, history or go menu item to open new tabs. Right click also gives the option to open a new tab, many other ways also (ctrl+t for another). I use the extension called Tab Mix Plus, ultimate tabbed browsing control. You can also middle click on a tab to close it.

Explore the options panel (tools menu), there are tabbed browsing behavior preferences there, but not nearly as configurable as TMP.

razzputin
04-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks Elwood :D

Elwood
04-05-2006, 10:55 AM
You're welcome. :)