PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Suite 1.7.13 (Release) -

HARLEY
04-20-2006, 06:53 PM
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.13

FINAL Release April 19, 2006 (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.13/mozilla-win32-1.7.13-installer.exe)

shanaya
04-20-2006, 08:35 PM
downloaded!!!

Elwood
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
FINAL Release April 19, 2006 (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.13/mozilla-win32-1.7.13-installer.exe)

I knew this was coming. Time for suite users to switch to SeaMonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/). ;)

It's great! :cool:

[added]

Be aware that Mozilla Suite profiles are not compatible with SeaMonkey; you should back up your most important profile contained files and delete Mozilla profiles after uninstalling Mozilla and before installing SeaMonkey.

shanaya
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I will try it. Does this mean Mozilla browser is no more? Is this the new version of it with a new name?

Elwood
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
I will try it. Does this mean Mozilla browser is no more? Is this the new version of it with a new name?

1.7.13 will be the last version of the Mozilla Application Suite, the Mozilla organization is dropping it so they can concentrate on Firefox and Thunderbird. If Mozilla had continued to develop it would have been based on the code that SeaMonkey now utilizes (the 1.8 version of the Gecko rendering engine).

A dedicated group of programmers has taken it upon themselves to continue to develop the code and SeaMonkey is the result and in my opinion it is better and faster than the older versions of the Mozilla Suite.

You should delete the folder which contains the Mozilla profile folder(s) and also the files "registry.dat" and "pluginreg.dat" that reside in the same folder; if you have Firefox installed also do not delete the versions of these files (registry.dat and pluginreg.dat) which reside in the Firefox folder that resides in the Mozilla folder!

I have highlighted the folder and files to delete after uninstalling Mozilla in this attachment (just stay away from the Firefox folder that is not highlighted). The location will be different in XP.

Mozilla Suite profile location (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder#Mozilla_Suite)

Elwood
04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
One more thing, I would recommend a reboot after uninstalling Mozilla Suite, then delete the above folder and files.

HARLEY
04-20-2006, 11:04 PM

Yes don't mistake this for Firefox!

If you use it ,you don't need or want this mozilla browser and as Elwood stated Seamonkey is definately a better way to go!

I still use this suite on my 98 box,so I'll be updating it...:)

shanaya
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Yes don't mistake this for Firefox!

If you use it ,you don't need or want this mozilla browser and as Elwood stated Seamonkey is definately a better way to go!

I still use this suite on my 98 box,so I'll be updating it...:)
I know the difference between Mozilla and Firefox. I haven't used the Mozilla browser for quite some time, so wasn't a big deal to uninstall it right away. Haven't had it on my computer ever since I did a clean format as Firefox was sufficient enough. I even used to have Firebird before it became Firefox!