PDA

View Full Version : I can't uninstall Epson printer programs

daisy
08-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I try the add/remove programs but it will not work. I keep getting a box that says

Installshield(R) Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

A couple things were removed but there are still several epson things there yet.
(cx4600 Ref guide, copy utility3, photo starter, printer software, smart panel)

I did a search on Epson and it said I had to be signed in as administrator. I did that.
One said file not found :eek:

Any on know what I have to do to get rid of them???? :confused:

FOSTERHACKETT
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Start/ all programs /epson program you have/ there should be a uinstall option there.

Ed Hart
08-19-2006, 02:41 AM
daisy, agree about the uninstaller. Be aware that sometimes we have to redownload what we got rid of with add/delete in order to get that option back. @$%^&.
HTH. :)
Ed.

Sunny
08-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Is the Epson printer software still running in the background when trying to uninstall. If so disable it and try again.

daisy
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
There is nothing listed in the start/ programs area.
I can see them in add/remove programs list.

I did remove a couple parts of it before it refused to remove anymore. A couple said no file found.

Maybe I removed the wrong parts first? If that is possible? :confused:

Thanks, daisy

jholland1964
08-19-2006, 10:16 AM
If they are still listed in Add/Remove then of course "something" is still there. You may very well have removed the wrong thing first. I agree with Ed, try the reinstall first. Once it is completely reinstalled then go back again and try to uninstall, paying close attention to where to begin.

daisy
08-19-2006, 10:50 AM
If they are still listed in Add/Remove then of course "something" is still there. You may very well have removed the wrong thing first. I agree with Ed, try the reinstall first. Once it is completely reinstalled then go back again and try to uninstall, paying close attention to where to begin.

OK , I reinstalled it.
There is an uninstall smart panel listed.
That is what I used before and got in this mess. :confused:

daisy
08-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Updating ;

After reinstalling (twice) I tried again and again and now end up with 2 things listed in the add/remove programs area. :rolleyes:

Epson copy utility 3
version 3.0.2.0 size 1.33MB

When I try to remove it that box comes up with
Installshield(R) Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The other listed is
Epson printer software
This weird as there is nothing listed where it lists the size. :confused:

jholland1964
08-20-2006, 05:08 PM
You have disconnected the printer from the computer...right?

daisy
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, It wasn't working right.

I bought a new HP one.

sharber60
08-20-2006, 05:53 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Microsoft has updated the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. With the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information. You may want to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program if you experience installation (Setup) problems. For example, you may have to remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information if you have installation problems when you try to add (or remove) a component of your program that was not included when you first installed your program.

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not: Remove Windows Installer.
Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003.
The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does: Provide a dialog box where you can select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer. You select the programs on the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only the Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.
Remove the files and registry settings that make up the Windows Installer configuration information for programs that you select.
If you use this utility to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program and you plan to reinstall the program, you should reinstall the program in the same folder where you originally installed it. This prevents duplication of files on

daisy
08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
sharber60,
I am very limited at this computer stuff and I am afraid that I will mess up with this clean up. :o

It may be over my head to use it.

QuinnK
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
sharber60,
I am very limited at this computer stuff and I am afraid that I will mess up with this clean up. :o

It may be over my head to use it.

Not as difficult as it may sound. When you run the program, it will display a list of programs. Just highlight any Epson entries and select to remove.

Quinn

FOSTERHACKETT
08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Do you also have a scanner with this printer?

daisy
08-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Do you also have a scanner with this printer?

It was a 3 in 1 printer.
A printer,scanner,copier all in one.

Crockett
08-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Try this:
Install RegCleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html)
Once installed, open it up and go to the UNINSTALL MENU tab.
Delete what you do not want.

daisy
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Try this:
Install RegCleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html)
Once installed, open it up and go to the UNINSTALL MENU tab.
Delete what you do not want.

Bless you! :) :)
That was easy enough even for me! :)
Just checked the add/remove programs and all Epson is now gone!!

Sending thanks and a big hug! :D

QuinnK
08-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Bless you! :) :)
That was easy enough even for me! :)
Just checked the add/remove programs and all Epson is now gone!!

Sending thanks and a big hug! :D

If you just removed the add/remove entries, that doesn't have anything to do with parts of a program possibly remaining on your computer.

Quinn

daisy
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
I installed the RegCleaner and after having it remove all the Epson items.

Then I went to the add/remove area to see if there was anything Epson left there? Nothing was listed.

Crockett
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
If you just removed the add/remove entries, that doesn't have anything to do with parts of a program possibly remaining on your computer.

Quinn
It uninstalls the programs quinn, not just removing the listings from Add/Remove.

You're welcome, Daisy. :)
I've always recommended this program for tough to remove programs and it always comes through.
It's also a great, safe registry cleaner.
You can never go wrong from going to the Tools Menu and choosing "Registry Cleaner > Do Them All".

QuinnK
08-20-2006, 10:09 PM
It uninstalls the programs quinn, not just removing the listings from Add/Remove.

You're welcome, Daisy. :)
I've always recommended this program for tough to remove programs and it always comes through.
It's also a great, safe registry cleaner.
You can never go wrong from going to the Tools Menu and choosing "Registry Cleaner > Do Them All".

I wasn't sure, haven't used RegCleaner in a long time. There are options in some utilities just to remove unwanted add/remove entries... so I thought it best to make sure... Quinn

Crockett
08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
No problem. It does have an UNINSTALL button and just a REMOVE button to choose from.
I don't know why someone would just want to remove it from the list though. :confused:

QuinnK
08-20-2006, 10:30 PM
No problem. It does have an UNINSTALL button and just a REMOVE button to choose from.
I don't know why someone would just want to remove it from the list though. :confused:

I think that's for the odd case that happens sometimes, when the program is definitely uninstalled, but the listing remains in Add/Remove for some reason... Quinn

daisy
08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Another question here? :)

Do you keep this program installed on your computer?
I never know if I should keep them or not? :o

Crockett
08-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I would. It's a great registry cleaner if you just use it like I stated above maybe once a week after a reboot.

I also use it to get rid of stray reg entries after an Add/Remove using the Software tab.
Again, it's your choice on how picky you are.

daisy
08-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks again! :)

I don't know enough about computers to BE PICKY about them! :o

QuinnK
08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks again! :)

I don't know enough about computers to BE PICKY about them! :o

Sometimes you don't 'picky' them, they 'picky' you... :) ... Quinn

daisy
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Sometimes you don't 'picky' them, they 'picky' you... :) ... Quinn

If it wasn't for this board I am sure I would have had to junk my computer and buy a new one! It was a real mess last fall.
I was ready to give up but this board talked me thru it and I did get rid of a virus!

Even though I learned a lot ~ I still have a very long way to go before I really am computer smart!!
Thanks everyone! :) :)