PDA

View Full Version : How do I disable f-secure firewall

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I received a laptop from my Dad it has f-secure on it and I am unable to delete it even from the registry because it is being used as soon as I turn it on. This firewall is preventing me to download items I need to view, any suggestions ?
(I do not want to reformat this computer, just take down the firewall....I have disabled the windows firewall for now. It would have been easier if my Dad would have uninstall the program instead of deleting elements of it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Carlene

sharber60
11-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Did your Dad by chance have Shaw Cable`s F-Security or just the F-Secure firewall?

1. Uninstall F-Secure internet shield

2. Open Control panel

3. Double-click System

4. Select the Hardware tab

5. Select Device Manager

6. Select View > Show hidden devices

7. Find Non-Plug and Play Drivers group

8. Remove F-Secure Firewall Driver

9. Restart your computer

Important! Simply uninstalling F-Secure internet shield without removing driver will not
solve the incompatibility problem as F-Secure Firewall Driver will stay active even after
uninstalling F-Secure internet shield.

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I did uninstall the driver but something is still running in the background. I went into the registry and tried to remove Legacy F-Secure Filter, Legacy F-Secure Gatekeeper, Legacy F-Secure Recognizer, and Legacy F-Secure Gatekeeper_Handler_Starter possibly because they are still working. I tried to update quicktime, I am unable (watch) to see the file

sharber60
11-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Try start run msconfig press enter & then the startup tab at the top, see how
many F-Secure startups are checked. Uncheck all restart & try again.
Check the crtl,alt, delete to see if it is still a running process in task manager.

Should be able to do this in safe mode as no background programs run in safe mode.

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 08:46 PM
What is this for and how do I repair this ? Did not know anything was wrong till I went into the hidden drives or this is connected with f-secure driver I deleted.

Any info out there for this ? :confused:

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 08:52 PM
BDRSDRV is not working

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 09:02 PM
:confused: On startup what shows are

dadapp
hptztsb05
lxamsp32.exe
WKUFind
SynTPEnh
SynTPLpr
qttask

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 09:07 PM
and

Desktop

sharber60
11-10-2006, 09:09 PM
This is bit defender, do you have this? uninstall bit defender delete every files which contain BDRSDRV

Do a search in the registry or with the search function.

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 09:09 PM
and

Desktop

could the f-secure files I am having problems with be hidden ?

sharber60
11-10-2006, 09:12 PM
All comments about dadapp.exe:
Jaime Arrocha Dell AccessDirect Applet - Background task found on Dell laptop computers.
haba Dell keyboard software for Dell Latitude Laptop
Provides support for special function keys See also: Link
jejohn dadapp.exe is a utility on Dell laptop computers that enables programable buttons on the keyboard to work
Vikki Stefans normal component on Dell laptop
AL Dell Application for laptop keys
Bill Dell keyboard software that enables programable buttons

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Bit Defender is not in the programs, will look for any remaining elements. Thank you

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 09:32 PM
found remaining elements of bitdefender and that was deleted, now getting back to finding f-secure. I will start it in safe mode and try to delete the four remaining elements of f secure.

Thank you :)

Dr. Tom
11-10-2006, 09:55 PM
As much as you would not like to format the hard drive, I would do it. This way you can set up the computer for your needs and with the software you want. And in case your father has left personal information on it, it will be gone. Best for both of you.

Just my personal opinion.

Tom

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Still unable to delete remaining files of f-secure files even in safe mode

cwojahn
11-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I rather not reformat drive his information was shredded, now I have this computer almost the way I want it not quite. I know I will with others expertise

cwojahn
11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Tom forgot to thank you and Sharber60 for your help.

I got rid of a few bugs, however I still cannot remove those programs from the register.

Carlene

sharber60
11-11-2006, 12:06 PM
You can try CCleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Cleans the following
Internet Explorer
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.

Firefox
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
Opera
Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
Windows
Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.

Registry cleaner
Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

Third-party applications
Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...

100% Spyware FREE
This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

cwojahn
11-12-2006, 03:21 AM
With CCleaner how do you reinstall deleted files, I got carried away but I know it is fixable ?

I found out using this that my Dad also used Puresight Indentity Protection Software. The filter still exists.

:confused:

sharber60
11-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Have you asked your Dad for the CDs for the programs as they may have an uninstall option?

http://www.puresight.com/products/m_csdk.shtml

The Help Tour

http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour/?1

The Issues section will help you find errors and old entries in the system registry. Whilst this will make sense to an advanced user, to the beginner a lot of the options will mean nothing. That is why CCleaner includes a complete backup option, so in the rare event you remove something that you later need - you will have a backup to restore from.

To use, simply press the "Scan for Issues" button and once completed press the "Fix Selected Issues" button. You will be prompted to backup and helped throughout the process

cwojahn
11-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Sharon,

Thanks again, got it.

sharber60
11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Good for you & you are very welcome..Have fun now..

cwojahn
11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
How do I delete F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler and F-secure Antivirus Daemon?

cwojahn
11-19-2006, 11:32 AM
What is FS Filter Anti-Virus and how can it be deleted ?

sharber60
11-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Go into services and stop all F-Secure running programs

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_f.htm

Elwood
11-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe this could help?

Download AV Uninstaller Tool 1.0 - This utility automatically uninstall Dr Solomon AntiVirus Toolkit, McAfee VirusScan, Norton AntiVirus F-Prot Pro and F-Secure AV - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/AV-Uninstaller-Tool.shtml)