#1  
Old 12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
doldgeek's Avatar
doldgeek doldgeek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,554
Help Us To Help You !!!

HELP US TO HELP YOU

In order for us to be able to help you we need to know:

Computer: [INCLUDE THIS IN ALL REQUESTS FOR HELP]

Operating System [98Se, XP home, etc]
Make and model
Memory installed
Security Programs:
Anti Virus
Spyware
Firewall

Problem: PUT THIS IN THE TITLE OF YOUR POST
When did the problem start
Did you do anything just before it started

Programs:
Name of program

Devices:

Printers:
Make and model

USB devices:
Device
Make and model

Other devices:
Same info

ISPs:
Name of ISP:

Mail programs:
Name of program

This is all that I can think of if anyone else thinks of anything let me know and I will include it.

Last edited by doldgeek; 12-29-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: suggestion by nojmit
  #2  
Old 12-29-2006, 12:55 PM
TJB's Avatar
TJB TJB is offline
<Tux
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 556
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by doldgeek
HELP US TO HELP YOU

In order for us to be able to help you we need to know:

Computer: [INCLUDE THIS IN ALL REQUESTS FOR HELP]

Operating System [98Se, XP home, etc]
Make and model
Memory installed
Security Programs:
Anti Virus
Spyware
Firewall

Problem: PUT THIS IN THE TITLE OF YOUR POST
When did the problem start
Did you do anything just before it started

Programs:
Name of program

Devices:

Printers:
Make and model

USB devices:
Device
Make and model

Other devices:
Same info

ISPs:
Name of ISP:

Mail programs:
Name of program

This is all that I can think of if anyone else thinks of anything let me know and I will include it.
Thats Great!
  #3  
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
nojmit's Avatar
nojmit nojmit is offline
Still Hanging Around
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Grandville, MI.
Posts: 3,328
Good post. How about putting the exclamation point icon in the title to help the reading impaired see it? I rated this post a 5 star, that might draw attention to it also.
__________________
"Knowing how to think, empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tims Computer Specs
  #4  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:00 PM
sharber60's Avatar
sharber60 sharber60 is offline
Sharon from BC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sardis/Vedder Area BC, Can
Posts: 18,113
Thumbs up

Bump to the top, thanks doldgeek
__________________
Dim 5150 XPSP3 3.0GHZ 1GB DDR2 DVD&16X DL,160GB Radeon X300SE Incredimail Gmail Nero9 Avira, SAS, FF3.5.3 IE8 AcomData USB160GB
Dim4550 XPSP3 60GB, P4-2GHZ Avast IE8 FF3.5.3 AcomData USB160 GB
Dim2400 XPSP3 2GHZ 1024GB RAM IE8 FF3.5.3 Nvidia PCI FX5500 USB400GB
  #5  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 PM
sirfredrico sirfredrico is offline
Uber Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: huntsville, alabama
Posts: 10,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharber60
Bump to the top, thanks doldgeek


actually, it should be a sticky.

very good ben....
__________________
SAMSUNG NETBOOK MODEL N210
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM.
1.66 GHZ. 2 GB. RAM.

MALWAREBYTES, CRAP CLEANER,
WINDOWS FIREWALL.
  #6  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 PM
TJB's Avatar
TJB TJB is offline
<Tux
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 556
I pm'ed admin to sticky this thread
  #7  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:05 PM
sirfredrico sirfredrico is offline
Uber Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: huntsville, alabama
Posts: 10,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJB
I pm'ed admin to sticky this thread


good job... i just posted that it should be. im sure hell sticky it.
__________________
SAMSUNG NETBOOK MODEL N210
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM.
1.66 GHZ. 2 GB. RAM.

MALWAREBYTES, CRAP CLEANER,
WINDOWS FIREWALL.
  #8  
Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
sueami sueami is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 15
browsing

why is it i try to go to youtube.com or other sits it redirects me to... http://www.miaminews365.net/look.php...=1312&qq=games .. i have ran a adware program ran norton...what else can i do?
  #9  
Old 09-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Crash Override's Avatar
Crash Override Crash Override is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York's Capital District
Posts: 6,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueami
why is it i try to go to youtube.com or other sits it redirects me to... http://www.miaminews365.net/look.php...=1312&qq=games .. i have ran a adware program ran norton...what else can i do?
You should post this in a new thread so that it gets looked at.
__________________
Regards,
Crash Override
Da Rules, Learn 'em and Live 'em!
Mike's free security tools
Registry Cleaners are Unnecessary!!!
Reformatting is your last course of action.
System Restore, Don't use it!
Just because it is on Youtube, does not make it true!
Spes mea in Deo est
  #10  
Old 01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Carl54 Carl54 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7
No I don't have an active phone line.I know, call the phone company
  #11  
Old 01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
samp samp is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 757
Will you explain how to set up showing that OS inf . to be put in each message I send.Without typing it in each time. Thank you
__________________
Sam P.

Gateway Laptop ne56r41u
500 GB Windows 8.1
IE11
HP 6100 Printer

-
  #12  
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield NJ
Posts: 23,224
Ok, Get Belarc Advisor to get the Information. The Use the CP Function here to insert it as a Sig.
  #13  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Bear Bear is offline
Back for now
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,195
Excellent post amigo, clear, and straight to the point. Now if we can just get all of the members to read this post and the other sticky posts we will be doing good.

All kidding aside your post is very well thought out and makes allot of since. We can only lead them to the water we can't make them drink, LOL.
  #14  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
doldgeek's Avatar
doldgeek doldgeek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,554
Thanks Bear you made my day
  #15  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Bear Bear is offline
Back for now
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,195
Talking

Your welcome Amigo
  #16  
Old 01-13-2007, 04:44 PM
MrBill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How about adding the Web Browser that you use. IE, FF or what ever.
  #17  
Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Emory10046's Avatar
Emory10046 Emory10046 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 614
Mr. Bill - - - when putting the computer info at the end of your posting, please explain should this be copied/pasted or what procedure do you recommend.
  #18  
Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
leehopk leehopk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1
Leehopk

Hi, Old Geek

Here's a question for you:
Operating System [98Se, XP home, etc] XP
Make and model Dell Dimention 4600
Memory installed 512
Security Programs:
Anti Virus AVG by Grisoft)
Spyware Zone Alarm
Firewall Zone Alarm

Problem: To get automatic downloads of updates (Microsoft, Grisoft, Zone Alarm), I leave my system booted 24/7. Takes some energy to keep "on" all the time, so sometimes I put system in Hibernation. Then it ssems I cannot get dounwloads automatically and must download manually. Is there any way to save energy and still have system wake up if somebody sends an uopdate? A partial solution would be to shut off the monitor when not in use, but CPU is still going full bore. Thanks for your help

When did the problem start All the time
Did you do anything just before it started No. Just left system booted 24/7

Programs:
Name of program

Devices:

Printers: HP 6840
Make and mode
USB devices: Logitech Mouse, HP Keyboard, both wireless
Device
Make and model

Other devices:
Same info

ISPs:
Name of ISP: Verizon

Mail programs:
Name of program Outlook Express

This is all that I can think of if anyone else thinks of anything let me know and I will include it.[/quote]
  #19  
Old 02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
MrBill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by leehopk
Hi, Old Geek

Here's a question for you:
Operating System [98Se, XP home, etc] XP
Make and model Dell Dimention 4600
Memory installed 512
Security Programs:
Anti Virus AVG by Grisoft)
Spyware Zone Alarm
Firewall Zone Alarm

Problem: To get automatic downloads of updates (Microsoft, Grisoft, Zone Alarm), I leave my system booted 24/7. Takes some energy to keep "on" all the time, so sometimes I put system in Hibernation. Then it ssems I cannot get dounwloads automatically and must download manually. Is there any way to save energy and still have system wake up if somebody sends an uopdate? A partial solution would be to shut off the monitor when not in use, but CPU is still going full bore. Thanks for your help

When did the problem start All the time
Did you do anything just before it started No. Just left system booted 24/7

Programs:
Name of program

Devices:

Printers: HP 6840
Make and mode
USB devices: Logitech Mouse, HP Keyboard, both wireless
Device
Make and model

Other devices:
Same info

ISPs:
Name of ISP: Verizon

Mail programs:
Name of program Outlook Express

This is all that I can think of if anyone else thinks of anything let me know and I will include it.
[/quote]
Welcome to the boards. This post here is for all to see. You should edit and delete you post and post it as a New Thread. Nobody is going to see it here. This is an informational thread asking people what info we need when asking a question. You can copy and paste your info into a new thread and you won't have to type it all back. You can go to User CP near the top left and then on the next page, go to Edit Signature and put the specs about you PC there and they will show automatically in your post and you won't have to keep doing it every time you ask a question. Thanks.
  #20  
Old 02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Crash Override's Avatar
Crash Override Crash Override is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York's Capital District
Posts: 6,348
One thing to add that will help as well. If you get an error message, post the error message. Posting the error message word for word without trying to paraphrase or abbreviate it in any way will give us a lot to work with.
__________________
Regards,
Crash Override
Da Rules, Learn 'em and Live 'em!
Mike's free security tools
Registry Cleaners are Unnecessary!!!
Reformatting is your last course of action.
System Restore, Don't use it!
Just because it is on Youtube, does not make it true!
Spes mea in Deo est
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2011 WorldStart, Inc