Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM

Talking Have to shur down computer twice.

Every time I click on start/turn off computer/shut down, it does nothing.
Just sits there. I have to do it over again to make it shut down.
It started doing that about a week ago. I didn't change anything that I know of to cause it.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Wiser with each Mistake

Read Before Posting

Heina did you read Acer's post, the one in between your two? Please post your question in Ask & answer for help. No help in this thread, information request only. Please heed this advice, there is plenty help waiting on you if you post in the right place.
Gigabyte motherboard.
Windows essential- windows firewall-Spyblaster-SAS-Malwarebytes
Toshiba Satellite laptop w[W7 home Premium 64 bit 4 Gb Mem. Kaspersky trail-Win firewall-spyblasre-Malwarebytes
Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM

please help

here's the problem i have to uninstall the flash player and reinstall again. i have to do this everyday! can u help me thank you!!!!
chino10458
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Wiser with each Mistake

Chino did you read any of the above post, if not go back and read some of them better yet delete this post and post the same question on the question and answer board and you should get plenty of help. This is the wrong place to ask questions. good luck.
Gigabyte motherboard.
Windows essential- windows firewall-Spyblaster-SAS-Malwarebytes
Toshiba Satellite laptop w[W7 home Premium 64 bit 4 Gb Mem. Kaspersky trail-Win firewall-spyblasre-Malwarebytes
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesran View Post
Chino did you read any of the above post, if not go back and read some of them better yet delete this post and post the same question on the question and answer board and you should get plenty of help. This is the wrong place to ask questions. good luck.
Thank you
Old 04-01-2009, 05:40 PM

Location: From Halifax,Nova Scotia where the beaches blend the oceans to the rugged coastline.Truly a photographer's mecca.
Lightbulb Play it safe

Hi Dolgeek. I must address this. New users all to often post their e-mail addresses to the cyberworld. This is a NO-NO. You are opening up your computer for all to see. This is a major way damage is done to your computer. If you have done this, delete it as quickly as you can before a spammer or prankster sends you e-mail.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Trouble with popups

Im operating a Dell Inspiron 531, 3.0, AMD Athlon 64x2, dual Core Processer 4000&2.10 GHz with 1 GB Mem, 32 bit. Don't remember doing anything different, but my ISP stopped supporting Incredimail, and I had to go back to my Internet Explorer to access my e-mail just before this. My ISP is TDS. I have a Lexmark printer. I ran Malwarebyte and found no infections. I continue to have problems with Google Tool Bar, Google Notifier, and Adobe Flash Player everytime I open a window or go from one window to another . I have to click on the red X to get rid of the Internet Security asking for permission to open one of the programs....
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
M.Pharm.,Gemmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by doldgeek View Post
HELP US TO HELP YOU

In order for us to be able to help you we need to know:

Computer: [INCLUDE THIS IN ALL REQUESTS FOR HELP]

Operating System [98Se, XP home, etc]
Make and model
Memory installed
Security Programs:
Anti Virus
Spyware
Firewall

Problem: PUT THIS IN THE TITLE OF YOUR POST
When did the problem start
Did you do anything just before it started

Programs:
Name of program

Devices:

Printers:
Make and model

USB devices:
Device
Make and model

Other devices:
Same info

ISPs:
Name of ISP:

Mail programs:
Name of program

This is all that I can think of if anyone else thinks of anything let me know and I will include it.
thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 PM

I need to know How you leave a CD open so you can add more to it?? HELP!!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
MikeN.

Wrong place to post your question. This thread is just here for information purposes as to what to include in your posts. Start a new thread in PC Ask & Answer question forum
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Still Hanging Around

Another way to help is to read the instruction manual, watch the "Welcome to Windows" video that runs the first time you turn on a new computer. Go to Google, Wikipedia, or some other resource and at least try to learn the basics of your computer, so you can ask the proper question. Most of us tend to think you know what a "Start Button" is, the difference between a web page and an email message, etc.

If I needed to get a "glass of water", but said I wanted a "wet thingy", use your imagination on the dozen different responses I would get.

And if someone did hit upon the right answer and told me to go to the Kitchen and turn on the cold water faucet, I wouldn't understand. I've always called that "the cookin' place, where there's the "magic metal thing that drinkin' stuff comes from when I twist the round turny thingy".

I realize the above example is very extreme, but we are not there with you and we cannot read your mind as to what you really see and mean. We need to communicate on the same level, and it is unfair to expect us to learn your special terms, instead of you learning our standardized terms.

If we ask for a copy of a log, or a Print Screen, or something like that, do it. If you don't know how, ask, because we assume you are ignoring us or refusing to co-operate otherwise.

And remember if after numerous posts, and wasted time on the helpers part because of any of the above reasons, don't get mad at us, because it's your fault, and your loss.

Tims Computer Specs
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM

Can't download

Thanks for imput. I'm 80 & not computer literate. I do my best in explaining my problem. Sorry you can't help me.

Xersiz
Old 08-25-2014, 11:00 AM

Loss of Sound

I am not sure if this is the right place but here goes.
My computer is a desk top.
intel r pentium r
cpu g860 @ 3.ghz
2.99ghz 3.42gb ram

It has on board sound which has suddenly ceased to work,and what I would like to know is if I can just fit a sound board myself ?
Bear in mind I am an 87 yr old
Old 08-25-2014, 11:04 AM

Sorry should have said I am running XP
Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Forum Moderator

Roy, you need to start a new topic in the ask and answer section of the forum.
Mike's free security tools
Registry Cleaners are Unnecessary!!!
Reformatting is your last course of action.
System Restore, Don't use it!
Just because it is on Youtube, does not make it true!
Spes mea in Deo est
Closed Thread