Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM

Cell phone adapter to use house phone

My son is looking for some gadget that lets him set his cell phone on that when it rings he can answer on his house phone...anyone know what this is called, and where to find, plus cost, etc.

Many thanks.
1.00 GB Installed - Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
CCleaner
Malwarebytes Anti-Virus
Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by estxgran View Post
My son is looking for some gadget that lets him set his cell phone on that when it rings he can answer on his house phone...anyone know what this is called, and where to find, plus cost, etc.

Many thanks.
If his cellular phone is bluetooth, here is one suggested device .... http://www.smithgear.com/itc-bt.html ...... In the column on the right side of that page is a listing of other similar devices from different manufacturers which I presume would be for a blue tooth enabled cellular phone as well.....

Here's a less expensive system available, again to blue tooth enabled cell phone, providing several portable phones that can be used to answer the cell call and doesn't require you to also have a home phone connection - perfect for those using cell phone only at home... http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechphon...nnect-to-cell/ ...... The key component to the type of system he wants seems to be that his cell phone have blue tooth ability..... Good luck, if he hasn't already found a device, as I just happened upon your posting from last week. I don't have personal experience with any of these as we have not yet gone to cellular phones only...
Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Cell phone adapter to use house phone Reply to Thread

Thanks very much Big Toe...will forward info to him. God bless.
1.00 GB Installed - Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
CCleaner
Malwarebytes Anti-Virus
Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by estxgran View Post

Many thanks.
I don't quite understand why you would want to do this.

Why not just answer the cell phone?
Firefox30, Norton Internet Security 2013.

GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Epic Member

If it is not in the room with you, but there is another phone in that room, you can answer it.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Uber Member

I'm not sure, but I thought you had to set that up with your provider, that after so many rings on your cell phone the call would be automatically transferred to another number, which could be your home phone.
8GB RAm
1 TB HD
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm65 View Post
I'm not sure, but I thought you had to set that up with your provider, that after so many rings on your cell phone the call would be automatically transferred to another number, which could be your home phone.
Hi Bill .... Actually I think what is being sought is the ideal set up for those folks who only have a cell phone and no landline service at home..... With a device like that from Uniden where you can have phones set up in 3, 4 or more rooms you would connect, via blue tooth, that singular cellular phone to the set-up... and no home phone service is needed or required.... then when the cellular phone rings the call is sent via blue tooth to the phone set up and any or all of those other phones could be used to answer the cell phone.... That way, anyone in the house, and not just a person who has the cell phone on their person, can answer the phone or have a group discussion using several handheld phone units at same time.... all via the single blue tooth phone connecting to the other phones..... Stats are showing that more and more homes are going without a landline and folks are just using cellular phones which is great for one person on the road or at home, but now by connecting to a phone system like that one from Uniden I posted in an earlier link, that single blue tooth enabled cell phone can provide regular phone connection to many rooms at the same time. And, again, all done with only the cell phone and not paying for an "old fashioned" landline connection..... times they are a changin' ......
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToe View Post
And, again, all done with only the cell phone and not paying for an "old fashioned" landline connection..... times they are a changin' ......
Surely most folks still need their landline for their internet connection?
Certainly here in the UK most folks still need a landline for that purpose.
Firefox30, Norton Internet Security 2013.

GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarney View Post
Here in the states, some phone companies are offering what they call naked DSL. Don't need a land line just DSL. I would not opt for that. I have a cell phone, but it isn't as dependable as my land line is. And to add to this, the CO of the phone companies have a generator should the loose comercial power to keep the office up and running. They don't have a generator on the cell towers.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Doreen

I find this all very interesting and probably will follow through with it.
My house phone has been out of service for days at a time, if it rains, which isn't often I can be assured of no service.
However I do call international on my house phone at no extra charge. I can get that service on magic jack through the computer as well for $10 a year I believe.
Not sure what international on my cell phone is, but I think in the year total it would be a substantial savings.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarney View Post

I just got rid of my land line and chose only cell phone, My internet comes through fiber optic, just another way to save some money.

Win 8.1~HP Pavilion 64 bit~All-in-one~AT&T wireless~IE~FF~500GB HD~4GB Memory
Avira Antivirus~SpybotS&D~Malwarebytes Premium Lifetime~SuperAntiSpyware~SpywareBlaster