Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > Digital Imaging

Old 03-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Happy Retiree

This is really perplexing, why the pics display fine for some and others of us get a vBulletin Message telling us that the link posted by Big Barney is invalid and won't show us the pictures, referring us to an Administrator... Alert is not a safety program or a browser message but a message from the WS Forum Bulletin Message Board itself that is preventing us from seeing the pictures.... I rechecked on 2 Apple devices and on windows machines in 4 different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE 11) and in all 6 of those efforts I get the vBulletin Message attached below, coming from World Start and not from browsers or operating systems or any protection device... Yet, going to any other threads in the forum the pictures such as from yourself, Yorkshire Lass, Barry, and even Big Barney or others are all inserted/included in the message itself, not just a link as shows in BB's initial posting on this thread in our browser window where you see his pictures.

Just a mystery, don't want to seem like hijacking BB's post, possibly a Mod may see this and give some explanation....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Barney's vBulletin Board warning.JPG (52.9 KB, 31 views)
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 54.0.1, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 03-16-2017, 05:24 AM
Epic Member

I really enjoyed seeing those pics - thank you Big Barney. Looks like a great time was had by all

I was able to view from both the Dropbox links - my apologies for saying the first link needed a passcode - it did, but it was my own iPad passcode it was asking for to access Dropobox on it !! Duh !

But as for the other album links. I have tried every browser I have and always get the invalid album response.

I am suspecting that maybe members who are 'friends' of Big Barney in Control Panel may be the ones who are able to view the album. Judy and Barry are his 'friends'. The rest of us who have tried are not.

BUT Looking at BigBarneys Public Profile the only two albums visible are Bonnie Scotland and Iceland Trip. They can both be looked at from there. No sign of anything from Mull or Iona.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-F203A All In One, 8GB RAM,1TB HD
Acer Aspire 5750G,4GB RAM, 698GB HD
Windows 10 Home

MAXTHON, Edge, Chrome, Firefox
Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post

I am suspecting that maybe members who are 'friends' of Big Barney in Control Panel may be the ones who are able to view the album. Judy and Barry are his 'friends'. The rest of us who have tried are not.

BUT Looking at BigBarneys Public Profile the only two albums visible are Bonnie Scotland and Iceland Trip. They can both be looked at from there. No sign of anything from Mull or Iona.
I think you may have found the clue or quite possibly the reason that some of us can see the album here and others may not. If you look at Barney's Public Profile and look at the box labeled Albums on his "front page" as noted, two of them show but I don't see the Bonnie Scotland listed, I see Iceland Trip and Mull and Iona Trip. But if you click on the line at the bottom Show All Albums then I can see all three of them. BUT, the Mull and Iona Trip is labeled Private Album while the other two are not. Hence very possibly why only his Friends can see it.

See attached;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Albums.JPG (29.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg All BigBarneys Albums one Private.JPG (41.7 KB, 30 views)

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.54.0. ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Epic Member

I just see the Bonnie Scotland and Iceland trip for both views. No Private album.Attachment is 'All albums'

I am sure it is the answer.

Its up to Big Barney to unprivatize it now lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg albums.JPG (30.1 KB, 31 views)

Windows 10 Home

Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 03-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Epic Member

Quote:
Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile
Copied from the FAQ in CP

Windows 10 Home

Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Uber Member

Oops!
Sorry folks. . . .my album is now public.
Firefox 54.0, Norton Security Deluxe 22.9.4.8

GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Old 03-16-2017, 09:08 PM
Epic Member

Thank you Big Barney. Most enjoyable.

Windows 10 Home

Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile

Copied from the FAQ in CP
Thanks Eve, your "friendly" research solved a dilemma.... and allowed some of us to learn about albums availability on this forum as well.... nice job! ...

Thanks Brian for sharing about a nice site that many would otherwise likely never know about, but might now consider checking out for themselves in the future...
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 54.0.1, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock