Old 05-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Could it be Malware?

I have recently started getting a message "This site is not secure" every time I go to log into a website. This is something new and even happened when I started logging in here. I even got a warning page and had to allow an exception to sign into a website I have used for years. So the red flags are waving for me that something might not be exactly right. Possibly even some kind of malware even though my scans are coming up clean. So is this normal or something that needs to be looked into? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.avon.lady1 View Post
I have recently started getting a message "This site is not secure" every time I go to log into a website. This is something new and even happened when I started logging in here. I even got a warning page and had to allow an exception to sign into a website I have used for years. So the red flags are waving for me that something might not be exactly right. Possibly even some kind of malware even though my scans are coming up clean. So is this normal or something that needs to be looked into? Thanks!
No answer can be given because you have given no information except this "warning". We need all of this information:
Operating System
Make and model of computer
Memory installed
Anti-virus program
Browsers used and version number of each.
Does this happen with ALL browsers or only one?

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM

oops sorry, Dell Inspiron 15 laptop operating Win 8
scanned with Malwarebytes and SUPERAntispyware with nothing showing and I am only getting the warnings with Firefox version installed 53.0 (32 bit) and not sure how much memory and antivirus is Avira

Last edited by the.avon.lady1; 05-03-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 05-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Almost Really Old Member

These warnings/alerts are normal for Firefox, not sure why you have never received them before because these are a part of Firefox security. Are you actually being blocked? and this is on All web sites?
Here is are several of the Mozilla links explaining this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ocking-firefox

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...tion-is-secure

I have never received any type of alert for WS so that is surprising to me.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up

Last edited by jholland1964; 05-03-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added one more link
Old 05-03-2017, 04:15 PM

Wink

I updated Firefox to the newest version recently so that may be why I have not seen them before. I am not being blocked just getting the warning so I guess I over reacted. Thanks for the links I will read up on it. Thanks for your response
and sorry to bother you as I know you are busy helping people with REAL problems.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.avon.lady1 View Post
I updated Firefox to the newest version recently so that may be why I have not seen them before. I am not being blocked just getting the warning so I guess I over reacted. Thanks for the links I will read up on it. Thanks for your response
and sorry to bother you as I know you are busy helping people with REAL problems.
No problem. Hey, if you have a problem then it IS a problem. Those alerts are just another safety+ for Firefox. If the alert is for a site you visit all the time and have not seen one before it usually means the site itself needs to do some sort of update or some sort of renewal or something like that. If a site is one you've never visited before and you get an alert then best decision would be not to visit but if it is a site you know without a doubt would be safe to visit then go ahead and visit.
Just another way of keeping folks safe online.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up