Old 01-14-2014, 01:33 PM

iPad folder deleted in error

I have an iPad 4, using 7.0.03 OS. Had some entries in a folder on my Notes app. I accidentally deleted the entire folder instead of an entry. Is there any way to retrieve that deleted folder? I did not have it backed up on iCloud or my PC.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo9h View Post
I have an iPad 4, using 7.0.03 OS. Had some entries in a folder on my Notes app. I accidentally deleted the entire folder instead of an entry. Is there any way to retrieve that deleted folder? I did not have it backed up on iCloud or my PC.
Similar situation for posters on Apple Support Communitties with suggestive steps to recover....
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23754928#23754928

And a free app download to assist with recovery, if steps above don't help:
How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPad or iPhone

I'm a Windows or an Android user so can't offer personal experience with the info ..... Good hunting.....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.1 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I would look at Bigtoes link and see if that is of any help. Why are you not using iTunes or iCloud to backup your data? It is a very simple process and then you always have a backup in times like this.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM

thx for reply.....just was not diligent about backup since iPad did not appear to have virus vulnerability and other problems like a PC.... but, as they say, experience is best teacher!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
thx for reply.....just was not diligent about backup since iPad did not appear to have virus vulnerability and other problems like a PC.... but, as they say, experience is best teacher!!
You're welcome. It is not just virus/malware infections that can cause you to need to restore a backup. Many other problems can happen as well. I have had to restore my iPhone and iPad more than once. I just make it a weekly habit to connect to the computer and backup using iTunes.