Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Forum Moderator

Windows Show Hidden Files & Folders

Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8

By default, Windows does not show hidden files and folders. Sometimes a user may need to view these files and folders.

1) Open Control Panel > Folder Options. Click the view tab.
2) In the advanced settings list find the options to “Show hidden files and folders” Click to select that option. Click OK.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Learning

Thanks Sunny!

I've wondered about that feature for years but never had to use it so didn't bother learning.

I really appreciate you posting this info. and I copied and saved so if I ever need it I'll have your instructions on how to do it.

You're so incredibly computer knowledgeable!
LenovoH50-50, 64 Bit, RAM 6.0gb Windows 10Home, but using Classic Shell for Windows 8,Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, CCleaner, Lenovo OneKeyRecovery, Cobian Backup
Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidyup View Post
Thanks Sunny!

I've wondered about that feature for years but never had to use it so didn't bother learning.

I really appreciate you posting this info. and I copied and saved so if I ever need it I'll have your instructions on how to do it.

You're so incredibly computer knowledgeable!
Hi tidyup, thank you and you're welcome. I am open to suggestions for other tutorials. If there is anything you would like to see please submit that to me using the email address provided in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Have a great day.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Epic Member

Sunny I don't want to sound dumb but what is in the hidden files and folders and where will I look for the files and folders after I have opened them? thanks Jerry

2.HP WIN 10 HOME PREM 32 BIT, 6 GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive
"Same programs as computer 1 above"
Old 04-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Epic Member

Sunny,What files& Folders are in the Hidden Files& Folders,And where do you find them after you have opened them Thanks Jerry

2.HP WIN 10 HOME PREM 32 BIT, 6 GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive
"Same programs as computer 1 above"
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrypc1 View Post
Sunny,What files& Folders are in the Hidden Files& Folders,And where do you find them after you have opened them Thanks Jerry
Hi Jerry, Hidden files and folders will be displayed with a dimmed view compared to other files and folders. These are not files and folders you work with regularly. Not files you create, they are mostly program and system files that are not meant to be changed but when performing certain tasks on your computer you may need to view these.