Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Forum Moderator

Add Shortcut to the Sendto Menu

When you right click a file, folder or program in Windows you will see the send to menu. Sendto is actually a folder on your computer. Some of the options you will see in the send to menu are compressed (zipped) folder, desktop (create shortcut), documents, mail recipient and other drives installed on your computer. Some programs you install also add items to the send to menu. You can add additional shortcuts to the send to menu for items you use often.

Add a Shortcut to the Sendto Menu
1) In Windows XP Click start > run. In the run dialog box type sendto. Click OK. In Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 click start > run or press the Windows key+R to open the run dialog. In the run dialog enter the following:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

You can also use shell:sendto

3) The Windows sendto folder will open. You will see the existing send to shortcuts in that folder.
4) To add an item to the send to menu, create a shortcut to that item and place the shortcut in the sendto folder. You can add any program to the send to menu that allows you to open a file by using a command line argument.

Last edited by Sunny; 03-18-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm here to learn

I have 3 items on my sendto when I right click on context menu I don't want them so I went to shell:sendto folder to delete them but they weren't in that folder
they are the 3 drives I have starred F,H,L

QUESTION where are they
thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugee View Post
I have 3 items on my sendto when I right click on context menu I don't want them so I went to shell:sendto folder to delete them but they weren't in that folder
they are the 3 drives I have starred F,H,L

QUESTION where are they
thanks
Sugee, are those drives still installed on your computer? Why do you want to remove them. It is normal for drives to appear in the send to menu. You must edit the registry to add and remove drives from the sendto menu. Not a complicated registry edit but unless you are comfortable editing the registry I would leave the drives. Not quite as simple as adding and removing shortcuts.

Last edited by Sunny; 04-27-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm here to learn

I really don't care it they are on there or not
just thought that I possibly had a virus or something since i couldn't fine where they were stored
thanks again Sunny
Old 04-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugee View Post
I really don't care it they are on there or not
just thought that I possibly had a virus or something since i couldn't fine where they were stored
thanks again Sunny
You're welcome Sugee.