#1  
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Sunny's Avatar
Sunny Sunny is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 40,140
Windows 8/8.1 Keyboard Shortcuts

Windows Key: Switch between desktop and start screen.

Windows Key + D: Go to Windows desktop.

Windows Key + Print Screen: Capture a screen shot, the captured image will be saved in your pictures folder in a sub-folder named screenshots.

Windows Key + Tab: Shows open apps.

Windows Key + I: Opens the settings charms menu.

Windows Key + C: Opens the charms menu.

Windows Key + X: Opens the power user menu. The power user menu is the same menu you see if you right click the start button.

Windows Key + R: Opens the run dialog.

Windows Key + E: Opens computer.

Windows Key +W: Opens search.

Windows Key + P: Opens the project menu.

Windows Key: If you press the Windows key and just start typing the search menu will open.
__________________
`Sunny
My Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
gaelic123's Avatar
gaelic123 gaelic123 is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,369
Very helpful.

Thanks Sunny
__________________
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Running Windows 10
Dell Studio 1737 Laptop running Vista,
Desktop PC : Dell XPS 8500, Windows 10
Linksys 802.11g wireless network adapter.
Norton Security with back-up, Spywareblaster
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 AM
BigBarney's Avatar
BigBarney BigBarney is offline
Uber Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 5,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Windows Key: Switch between desktop and start screen.

Windows Key + D: Go to Windows desktop.

Windows Key + Print Screen: Capture a screen shot, the captured image will be saved in your pictures folder in a sub-folder named screenshots.

Windows Key + Tab: Shows open apps.

Windows Key + I: Opens the settings charms menu.

Windows Key + C: Opens the charms menu.

Windows Key + X: Opens the power user menu. The power user menu is the same menu you see if you right click the start button.

Windows Key + R: Opens the run dialog.

Windows Key + E: Opens computer.

Windows Key +W: Opens search.

Windows Key + P: Opens the project menu.

Windows Key: If you press the Windows key and just start typing the search menu will open.
Great info Sunny but the first tip (Windows key) works slightly different if, like me, you have Classic Shell installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.01_16h27m14s_001_.jpg (98.7 KB, 204 views)
__________________
HP Pavilion 500-120ea, intel core i5-4440 CPU 3.10GHz,
12GB RAM, 1TB HD,
Windows 10(64 bit),
Firefox 52.0.2, Norton Security Deluxe 22.9.1.12


GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Sunny's Avatar
Sunny Sunny is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 40,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelic123 View Post
Very helpful.

Thanks Sunny
You're welcome.
__________________
`Sunny
My Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Sunny's Avatar
Sunny Sunny is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 40,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarney View Post
Great info Sunny but the first tip (Windows key) works slightly different if, like me, you have Classic Shell installed.
Hi Barney, If you have ClassicShell set to the default setting that is true. You can however adjust the settings in ClassicShell. Right click the ClassicShell start menu icon. From the right click menu choose settings. In the settings menu click the controls tab. Under "Windows Key Opens" put a check in Windows start screen.
__________________
`Sunny
My Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
BigBarney's Avatar
BigBarney BigBarney is offline
Uber Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 5,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Hi Barney, If you have ClassicShell set to the default setting that is true. You can however adjust the settings in ClassicShell. Right click the ClassicShell start menu icon. From the right click menu choose settings. In the settings menu click the controls tab. Under "Windows Key Opens" put a check in Windows start screen.
You are FAR too clever for me!!!

Thanks Sunny.
__________________
HP Pavilion 500-120ea, intel core i5-4440 CPU 3.10GHz,
12GB RAM, 1TB HD,
Windows 10(64 bit),
Firefox 52.0.2, Norton Security Deluxe 22.9.1.12


GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Sunny's Avatar
Sunny Sunny is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 40,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarney View Post
You are FAR too clever for me!!!

Thanks Sunny.
You're welcome Barney, You can make a lot of adjustments to ClassicShell using the settings menu.
__________________
`Sunny
My Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2011 WorldStart, Inc