Old 04-16-2016, 06:13 PM

Malwarebytes?

Is there a version of malwarebytes for the mac that is free.? If so, could someone please post a link to it.Thank you.
IE11 & Firefox
500 gb harddrive
4 g. of ram
spywareblaster
Old 04-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
Is there a version of malwarebytes for the mac that is free.? If so, could someone please post a link to it.Thank you.
Yes there is a FREE version for a MAC

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
It is not offered or authorized on the Apple Mac App Store (https://www.apple.com/osx/apps/app-store/), so you would need to go into your settings on your Mac and change the security setting to allow yourself to be able to download and install an app from a 3rd party. By default Apple devices only allow apps from the App Store for each type of Apple device.... I would imagine that Malwarebytes would not put out a defective or dangerous app, but since they have not gotten approval and testing from Apple ... For OSX or iOS operating systems... You would be installing at your own risk and may be invalidating warranty on your Mac.... Just some food for thought....

If you have voided warranty by "jailbreaking" your Mac already, then getting an app from other than the App Store is not a consideration to worry about....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0.1, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 04-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Since I don't have a Mac follow what BigToe has said and also here on the Malwarebytes' Forum is the Help Section for Mac products

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/foru...-for-mac-help/

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-17-2016, 09:39 PM

Thanks Judy and Big Toe for the information. I guess I will wait until apple does allow this...don't want to void my warranty. Thanks again.
IE11 & Firefox
500 gb harddrive
4 g. of ram
spywareblaster
Old 04-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Thanks Judy and Big Toe for the information. I guess I will wait until apple does allow this...don't want to void my warranty. Thanks again.
You're welcome, Chere.... sorry for the sad news, as I also would really love to see Malwarebytes available at the Apple App Store and perhaps it will be someday. I use it on my Windows machines with full confidence in it...

In the meantime, you can go to the App Store on your Mac device and in the search box type in the word "malware" and you will get a fairly comprehensive list of available Free and nominal fee programs you can get which are approved by Apple for you to use on your Mac .... take a look at the reader views/ratings of each one and you can decide which, if any, you might want on your computer based on what users have to say about the apps or their effectiveness/usefulness. Certainly, the best safety for your Mac is the operator typing on the keyboard, but for some additional help there are many apps available to assist you in your protection efforts, all extensively tested and approved by Apple......
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0.1, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock