Old 02-28-2017, 12:23 PM

Is WOT still okay to use?

I have had problems a couple of times with WOT getting disabled, not sure why. The last time I checked my add-ons because I didn't see the WOT circles, there was a message saying Wot caused stability problems. So I deleted it and was wondering if there was something better to use. I like knowing which sites can cause possible problems but don't trust myself picking something out. Thanks all for your help!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.avon.lady1 View Post
I have had problems a couple of times with WOT getting disabled, not sure why. The last time I checked my add-ons because I didn't see the WOT circles, there was a message saying Wot caused stability problems. So I deleted it and was wondering if there was something better to use. I like knowing which sites can cause possible problems but don't trust myself picking something out. Thanks all for your help!
NO, WOT has NOT been recommended since back in November.
See this thread;

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthre...&highlight=WOT

Read the entire thread,, it is three pages long, you will see other suggestions given, though I have not replaced it with anything else. I listed different things to do in post 6 in that thread and that is what I continue to do.

I know that Firefox itself will block a known bad site. Not sure about other browsers because my default browser is Firefox so I do more surfing with Firefox.

I don't know what browser you are using but Mozilla has NOT restored it to their recommended add-on list either. So if you are using Firefox then this is why it is getting turned off.

This post

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.54.0. ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 02-28-2017, 01:31 PM

Smile

Thanks as always! I do use Firefox so that is what the problem has been. If Firefox blocks already I may not replace right now either. However, I will read the post as I like to stay informed. Then if I decide I want something I will know the best to use. Gosh how things change. I guess it is a good idea to come here every so often to update on changes instead of waiting until there is a problem. I did read your recommendations for security before posting. I decided to post when I did not see WOT listed anymore. You are awesome!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Do read that link all the way through. It was thoroughly discussed and alternatives noted. As I said, I have not added anything to take WOT's place and I am pretty certain I will not do that either.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.54.0. ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up