Old 03-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Major Member

Web Site Needs 3rd Party Cookies Allowed

My Doctor has a web site, provided to him by a service, in which I can only read messages to me in Internet Explorer or if I allow 3rd party cookies into my browser. I have tried to allow access to this site in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in their settings to block 3rd party cookies but that does not seem to work.
Does anyone know of a solution? I have been in communication with someone from the service but their only solution is as above, I must allow all 3rd party cookies or Internet Explorer.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Google Chrome Preferred Browser
BitDefender Free
Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Epic Member

Maybe this will help you for just that site.

http://feedjit.com/static/howToEnabl...tyCookies.html
Old 03-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Major Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimes View Post
Maybe this will help you for just that site.

http://feedjit.com/static/howToEnabl...tyCookies.html
That did not help at all. In Google Chrome, if I set "allow all cookies", I am allowing all 3rd party cookies, which is what I do not want. If I set the website URL and say "allow", it does not work. The same thing happens in Firefox.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free
Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahduncu View Post
My Doctor has a web site, provided to him by a service, in which I can only read messages to me in Internet Explorer or if I allow 3rd party cookies into my browser. I have tried to allow access to this site in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in their settings to block 3rd party cookies but that does not seem to work.
Does anyone know of a solution? I have been in communication with someone from the service but their only solution is as above, I must allow all 3rd party cookies or Internet Explorer.
Since it is for your health reasons, then go ahead and use IE when checking on that site, otherwise use your other browsers for web searches.
8GB RAm
1 TB HD

There MUST be TERM LIMITS on ALL politicians.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm65 View Post
Since it is for your health reasons, then go ahead and use IE when checking on that site, otherwise use your other browsers for web searches.
I agree. Use Internet Explorer. I used to have two sites that only worked with IE, one was my bank and the other was a health related site. The bank had their web site redesigned and now it can be used with any browser so now I have just the one necessary web site that requires the use of Internet Explorer so I use Internet Explorer for that one site. I use the most secure settings possible while it may be less secure than other browsers I feel very safe using I.E. for that one site.

Since businesses can count on IE being on every Windows machine some of them have their web sites designed just for IE. It is simpler and likely cheaper for them. This will become less common as IE use continues to go down and since it is on its final version more sites will be redesigned for use with other browsers.
Use I.E. for that site and don't worry about it.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.54.0. ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Major Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm65 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
I agree. Use Internet Explorer. I used to have two sites that only worked with IE, one was my bank and the other was a health related site. The bank had their web site redesigned and now it can be used with any browser so now I have just the one necessary web site that requires the use of Internet Explorer so I use Internet Explorer for that one site. I use the most secure settings possible while it may be less secure than other browsers I feel very safe using I.E. for that one site.

Since businesses can count on IE being on every Windows machine some of them have their web sites designed just for IE. It is simpler and likely cheaper for them. This will become less common as IE use continues to go down and since it is on its final version more sites will be redesigned for use with other browsers.
Use I.E. for that site and don't worry about it.
That is exactly what I am going to do.
Thanks for your advice.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free