Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
I was not advocating the program. I would not want it either.

I know Aomei and EasUs are used and recommended by many but these are also Chinese based and I wonder if they should not be trusted either?
Kingsoft (WPS Office) ? Maxthon?
Have not heard anything about the non-security programs. A key problem with the Chinese security programs especially but I suppose others too, is the fact that they do not honor copyrights. So they feel free to steal files, etc. from other countries. Many of the Chinese companies don't even make an effort to change the interface of the program they are stealing from, this Glarys Malware Hunter is a perfect example. This program is released by Glarys but it looks nearly identical to 360 Total Security from another Chinese company Qihoo.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Junior Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
I was not advocating the program. I would not want it either.

I know Aomei and EasUs are used and recommended by many but these are also Chinese based and I wonder if they should not be trusted either?
Kingsoft (WPS Office) ? Maxthon?
Just my opinions.

I have used several EaseUs programs over the years, and I have no hesitation in continuing to use them and recommend them to others. I have never heard anything adverse about Aomei. My laptop came with WPS Office preinstalled. I didn't much like it, so I replaced it with LibreOffice.

Like Judy, I would never touch anything from Iobit or Glary. Both companies are proven plagiarists.

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors