Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Old 12-20-2006, 05:56 AM
60 years on 2 wheels.

Exclamation Please Come Back to Your Thread if You've Posted One, to Read & Answer it!!

If it was important for you to post a question, then it should be as important for you to come back to it & read the answers you get to it.
Then the folks who answered you would really like to know you've read their answers, & would like to know if their answers helped you or not.
It's common courtesy to reply to a question you've posted. A simple "Thank you" would suffice, but a little more info added to it would really be nicer.
Such as thanks to your responders, the info received worked, (didn't work). You need more assistance, (no more needed).
This is not very hard to do, & would really be appreciated by all who responded to you, & others reading the posted information, as it could help them with a similar problem.
Thanks to all reading this & have a "Great Christmas Season"!

Ace.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
SHOE JUNKIE

ACE: If you read the thread correctly, I was given two suggestions for
my question. I agreed to try both of them. I thanked the people who
gave me the suggestions. I haven't had time to try both suggestions
but I will as soon as possible. What more do you want me to say.

If I could remember the exact way I posted the thread, I'd be happyto go back. There was some - excuse me - jackass who was very rude to me
and I'm not too crazy about dealing with him again. I hope you can
understand why I feel the way I do. I'm no computer genius. So I
look to worldstart for answers to questions I cannot find elsewhere.
Believe me, in future, it will have to be a desperate situation before
I contact worldstart and ask for help.

Amanda
Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 PM
FEATHERHEAD

Maybe we should add to this thread (since I see alot find it hard to find their threads)
that to find your own post go to your user CP and click on my subscriptions (if you subscribe to them)
OR
you can do a search and type in your user name..
or go to your profile and click on the link there

JANET
HP Pavilion (model# P7 -1380T) ~Windows 10 Home Premium~6GB Ram~Firefox 43.0.4.~
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1
ACE: If you read the thread correctly, I was given two suggestions for
my question. I agreed to try both of them. I thanked the people who
gave me the suggestions. I haven't had time to try both suggestions
but I will as soon as possible. What more do you want me to say.

If I could remember the exact way I posted the thread, I'd be happyto go back. There was some - excuse me - jackass who was very rude to me
and I'm not too crazy about dealing with him again. I hope you can
understand why I feel the way I do. I'm no computer genius. So I
look to worldstart for answers to questions I cannot find elsewhere.
Believe me, in future, it will have to be a desperate situation before
I contact worldstart and ask for help.

Amanda

Hold on everyone this was posted by Acer on 12-20-2006, 06:56 AM

amandab1.....where did you find this maybe it should of stayed where you found it.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
60 years on 2 wheels.

Talking

I believe it should stay here & be read as the title says! The trash has been edited out as the moderator has seen fit.
Ace.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 PM
SHOE JUNKIE

Acer: Got everybody caught up on what I have tried as far as solutions go.
Thanked them all again.

Is this enough?

Amanda
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
SHOE JUNKIE

Acer - BTW, the thread is entitled "Convert images saved in My Documents.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1
Acer - BTW, the thread is entitled "Convert images saved in My Documents.
Amandab1, this thread isn't meant for you. Why would you think so? It's a sticky note general information thread for 'everyone' who asks questions here because so many forget to come back to say "Thank You" or let others know what the solution was....in their own thread.

Dell Inspiron 530, Windows 7
Intel Pentium Dual CPU, 2 GB RAM
250 Gig hard drive
Avast, SpywareBlaster,
Superantispyware, W7 firewall,
Malwarebytes
Old 09-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Epic Member

I'm guilty, guilty and even more guilty. I'm sorry. My job was crazy last year, I'll do better now. I promise. Ron C

,laptop 2GHZ, 124G HD, 1G RAM, WinVista Home, IE6, Cable, AVG
"When all else fails, unplug your computer, and throw it into the nearest dumpster"
Old 09-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajiguqu0223
Now we've not only seen those people, but we've scholarly from them about how to create our games outdo."The inactivity to exhibit the (spam link was here) Bunk Beautify's highly expected Experience of Warcraft Miniatures Boardgame speedily approached the 2+ time deutschmark. So piece it was understandably the most anticipated job at the assemblage,
HUH......
What are you talking about.....
This thread is just a reminder thread that if you have posted a question to please return to it to check replies and answer any questions so you can be help......

As far as I am concerned this thread should be locked so no further posting can be done in it.....

By the way Firefox WOT rates your link as dangerous...

Vista Specs

Crockett's Sticky
Click

Mike Lin's Startup Ctrl Panel
Click

Startup Inspector 2.2
Click

Print Screen Tutorial
Click

Before posting your questions
Click
Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 AM

I wasn't sure we could still post to this thread.

Anyhow I can sure see why some of the wonderful people who spend their time helping find this all a bit frustrating. There are countless threads that just sink away without ever showing resolve.

It kind of makes it hard to learn anything sometimes.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 AM
60 years on 2 wheels.

Thumbs up Please don't just post and leave. Stick with it until all is clean.

Computer infected? Commit to Stick with the Clean up until the Computer is Clean.
Lately we have had a multitude of threads involving the clean up of infections that have gone on for literally weeks because the original poster only checks in once or twice a day, "picks up the instructions" for the next tool and leaves until the next day, posts the results and leaves again until the next day to return to see the reply from the helper, picks up the next instructions, leaves for the day again. The next day the poster returns, posts the results of the last scan (generally showing MORE infections) and leaves again. And the cycle continues.
This makes no sense and will not get the computer clean.

Trying to clean up an infected computer by doing one step a day, leaving to continue to surf the net is about a sensible as washing one side of your car or your kitchen floor today and washing the other side tomorrow. The clean side is going to get dirty again before you wash the other side tomorrow. It cannot be done. The very same rule applies to cleaning an infected computer. You cannot clean 1/2 today and do the other 1/2 the next day or even two or three days later...it will remain infected and likely become MORE infected until it is fully cleaned.

Most infections can be cleaned up fairly quickly if the person will stay with it until the end. It CAN be done by running the recommended clean up programs in quick succession and doing nothing else but running those programs on the computer until it is deemed to be clean. And while malware has evolved by leaps and bounds in the last few years, and is harder than ever to eradicate, staying with the thread in a concentrated and timely manner can result in most computers being cleaned in a matter of hours not days or weeks.

ALL helpers here are volunteers. We are here because we love computers, because we know the frustration of a computer not running as it should and we want to help others keep their computers running in clean, tip-top form and speed. We follow specific steps because those are the ones that have proven to work but these steps should be followed quickly, the same day...not over a period of days or weeks. When followed quickly and exactly, most of the time the same step will not have to be repeated over and over and over. But this seems to be happening more frequently...because the person with the problem will not stick with it. So we must repeat tool runs, add additional steps and scans because each new scan shows new infection. If the original steps are followed in a timely manner then these multiple runs won't be necessary.

Several of us have also been questioned when recommending the removal of certain programs. I stress, RECOMMEND not order, this is a free country after all. The choice to actually remove is up to the user. But when certain programs ARE KNOWN to be suspicious, problematic, come in as bundled 3rd party software or attracting other 3rd party software which can track your internet usage and website visits, etc then, in order to be honest and clear, helpers would be remiss in failing to point these out to the poster. These types of things put a computer at risk and they must be pointed out, whether the poster wishes to heed the warning, well that is up to him or her. But to not note them, as far as I am concerned, would be dishonest and I will continue to note questionable programs or activities that I see in a log and at least know that I have done my best to warn the user.

Please don't just post and leave. Stick with it until all is clean.
by jholland1964.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
if it was important for you to post a question, then it should be as important for you to come back to it & read the answers you get to it.
Then the folks who answered you would really like to know you've read their answers, & would like to know if their answers helped you or not.
It's common courtesy to reply to a question you've posted. A simple "thank you" would suffice, but a little more info added to it would really be nicer.
Such as thanks to your responders, the info received worked, (didn't work). You need more assistance, (no more needed).
This is not very hard to do, & would really be appreciated by all who responded to you, & others reading the posted information, as it could help them with a similar problem.
Thanks to all reading this & have a "great christmas season"! :d

ace.
i wouldn't you will get ridiculed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:59 PM

how can you get a flash drive open? I had an error for my flash drive, and now it shows up on my device manager as a disk drive, but won't open, Now I can't get my files off and I had over 1 GB on it
Old 08-24-2015, 09:00 PM

Thumbs down Flash drive problem

I came back but couldn't find my question and now I see it was supposed to have 14 replies ,but I never saw one. I thought that you never received my question
Old 08-24-2015, 09:52 PM
60 years on 2 wheels.

You're posting in the wrong thread. Post your questions in the ask & answer thread instead. This is just a notice thread... George.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:24 PM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by launascar View Post
I came back but couldn't find my question and now I see it was supposed to have 14 replies ,but I never saw one. I thought that you never received my question
http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=170076 Here it is and it was after you posted here. You must not have done something right with your post.
Please stay with your post and not on here.
Thanks