Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Kocher Kocher is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 17
Exclamation Important - Terms, Conditions, and Forum Rules

Lately we have been having some issues concerning our current forum rules, which has resulted in various reported posts. As a result we have decided to post our Terms, Conditions, and Rules to make sure that everyone is aware of them. Please take a moment to look these over. If you decide to continue posting, you are bound to these terms and rules.



Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of WorldStart Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of WorldStart Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of WorldStart Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. The owners reserve the right to remove or ban any member for any reason at any time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Old Californian using Windows 10 64bit, Firefox, Chrome, Comodo Ice Dragon, IE 11 & cable.
Posts: 8,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocher
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
Where are the 'rules and policies detailed below'? I don't see them on this page.
__________________





Click Here to view latest edition
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
nightowl's Avatar
nightowl nightowl is offline
Senior Member, Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mena,Arkansas
Posts: 5,580
Are you talking about the "I agree" and register buttons he mentioned? His post is self explanatory, but there are no I agree or register buttons in his post.
__________________
My Computer Specs

Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer
New 9/15/16
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Acer's Avatar
Acer Acer is offline
60 years on 2 wheels.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In Canada.
Posts: 5,844
I'd like to suggest they're on the sign up page??

C'mon folks
Ace.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Paul_D's Avatar
Paul_D Paul_D is offline
Junior Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 17,896
That may well be, but he should have included a link to them. "Detailed below" means what it says, not a vague "somewhere else on the website".
__________________

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Cooter2001's Avatar
Cooter2001 Cooter2001 is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 3,738
I would gather this is what is being referred to as the rules and regulations....

http://www.worldstart.com/message-board/ctmb.htm

Rules, Regulations and Important Information:
The #1 rule is to play nice. We're here for FRIENDLY discussion.
No name-calling. Moderators will decide what is and is not name-calling. If you're personally insulting someone, that's name-calling.
No starting trouble with other members - Don't post just to start trouble with another member. All posts are to be "real" topics.
No gratuitous sarcasm / innuendos - If you don't have an intelligent reply to a topic, don't respond. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't get sarcastic, don't call names. Give a logical response.
No Private Message Harassment - If you send a private message to another member to harass them, you will be banned from ALL the forums.
All threads are open to all members.
No racial comments or name-calling. No pornographic material. 'Nuf said.
No Thread Hijacking - If you have a related topic, start a new thread.
>>> Moderators will have discretion as to what does and doesn't break the rules. We will do this by judging the "spirit" of the post - nice or nasty. We will not justify our decisions. We reserve the right to ban any member at any time at our discretion.

Those new to the board should read our Message Board Guide & FAQ
NOTE: You MUST REGISTER to use this board. The database for the message board is completely different than the database for the newsletters or store. ie: if you receive our newsletters, you're not automatically a registered member of the board.
If you've lost your username and password, fill out this form.

I Agree To These Rules & Regulations
(Enter)

I Plan On Wreaking Havoc
(Go Home)
__________________
Just my thoughts on the subject
Crazzy Cooter Cummin at ya


Vista Specs

Crockett's Sticky
Click

Mike Lin's Startup Ctrl Panel
Click


Startup Inspector 2.2
Click

Print Screen Tutorial
Click

Before posting your questions
Click
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
nightowl's Avatar
nightowl nightowl is offline
Senior Member, Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mena,Arkansas
Posts: 5,580
I very well agree, Paul D
__________________
My Computer Specs

Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer
New 9/15/16
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Acer's Avatar
Acer Acer is offline
60 years on 2 wheels.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In Canada.
Posts: 5,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter2001
I would gather this is what is being referred to as the rules and regulations....

http://www.worldstart.com/message-board/ctmb.htm

Rules, Regulations and Important Information:
The #1 rule is to play nice. We're here for FRIENDLY discussion.
No name-calling. Moderators will decide what is and is not name-calling. If you're personally insulting someone, that's name-calling.
No starting trouble with other members - Don't post just to start trouble with another member. All posts are to be "real" topics.
No gratuitous sarcasm / innuendos - If you don't have an intelligent reply to a topic, don't respond. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't get sarcastic, don't call names. Give a logical response.
No Private Message Harassment - If you send a private message to another member to harass them, you will be banned from ALL the forums.
All threads are open to all members.
No racial comments or name-calling. No pornographic material. 'Nuf said.
No Thread Hijacking - If you have a related topic, start a new thread.
>>> Moderators will have discretion as to what does and doesn't break the rules. We will do this by judging the "spirit" of the post - nice or nasty. We will not justify our decisions. We reserve the right to ban any member at any time at our discretion.

Those new to the board should read our Message Board Guide & FAQ
NOTE: You MUST REGISTER to use this board. The database for the message board is completely different than the database for the newsletters or store. ie: if you receive our newsletters, you're not automatically a registered member of the board.
If you've lost your username and password, fill out this form.

I Agree To These Rules & Regulations
(Enter)

I Plan On Wreaking Havoc
(Go Home)
I would certainly agree with you, kinda common sense to me.
Ace.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Cooter2001's Avatar
Cooter2001 Cooter2001 is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 3,738
My link to the boards bypasses that page and it has been a long time since I read that page but it is the 1st thing everyone sees when they sign up....
__________________
Just my thoughts on the subject
Crazzy Cooter Cummin at ya


Vista Specs

Crockett's Sticky
Click

Mike Lin's Startup Ctrl Panel
Click


Startup Inspector 2.2
Click

Print Screen Tutorial
Click

Before posting your questions
Click
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Paul_D's Avatar
Paul_D Paul_D is offline
Junior Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 17,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter2001
My link to the boards bypasses that page and it has been a long time since I read that page but it is the 1st thing everyone sees when they sign up....
And that's probably also the last time most people see it.

I'm not objecting to being reminded - I just thought the reminder was incomplete as presented. Many will have forgotten where the conditions are located.
__________________

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Cooter2001's Avatar
Cooter2001 Cooter2001 is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 3,738
I totally agree with you Paul_D
__________________
Just my thoughts on the subject
Crazzy Cooter Cummin at ya


Vista Specs

Crockett's Sticky
Click

Mike Lin's Startup Ctrl Panel
Click


Startup Inspector 2.2
Click

Print Screen Tutorial
Click

Before posting your questions
Click
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Wrong #'s Avatar
Wrong # Wrong # is offline
Member being informed
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,461
Oh my gosh, if these rules were followed every day, by the Adm.'s, there wouldn't be any members anymore..

I'm not an Adm. but sometimes if th OP would report the thread and have the post looked at and then removed, when it gets out of pretext would be a lesser load on the Adm.'s.
But it seems that some are reported and the OP continues to just breed more and more bad comments, so it isn't just the posters to the thread that needs to be reprimanded, the OP has a rule to follow here also.

I'm guilty as a poster to some of the OP's posts.
__________________
In Memory of.
http://photobucket.com/Wrong-Number
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Wron.../Moon.mp4.html
Passwords are WorldStart
Intel® Core i3 2120 3.3 GHz, W10 Pro. 64 Bit, 16GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 1T internal HDD, 3T external HDD, Fire Fox v.50.0.06152
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
wesran's Avatar
wesran wesran is offline
Wiser with each Mistake
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,198
I was one of the first to read this earlier today and being a little thick skulled I tried every forum to find the place to agree to no avail. It then occurred to me maybe it is what I agreed to when I first signed up here and I am already done with it. But after reading all of the above I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do if I want to continue here so lets hope administration reads some of this and sits us all straight.
wes
__________________
AMD Athlon 64 2.7GHz dual core CPU
& Win7 dual boot
4 Gb memory
Gigabyte motherboard.
Windows essential- windows firewall-Spyblaster-SAS-Malwarebytes
Toshiba Satellite laptop w[W7 home Premium 64 bit 4 Gb Mem. Kaspersky trail-Win firewall-spyblasre-Malwarebytes
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
nightowl's Avatar
nightowl nightowl is offline
Senior Member, Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mena,Arkansas
Posts: 5,580
I went to the link in post no. 6, do nothing if you are already signed up. I clicked the I agree and box came up that I was already signed in as (user name). O go home if you are a malicious user.
__________________
My Computer Specs

Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer
New 9/15/16
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Paul_D's Avatar
Paul_D Paul_D is offline
Junior Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 17,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesran
I was one of the first to read this earlier today and being a little thick skulled I tried every forum to find the place to agree to no avail. It then occurred to me maybe it is what I agreed to when I first signed up here and I am already done with it. But after reading all of the above I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do if I want to continue here so lets hope administration reads some of this and sits us all straight.
wes
It's just a reminder. There's no requirement to acknowledge.
__________________

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Cooter2001's Avatar
Cooter2001 Cooter2001 is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesran
I was one of the first to read this earlier today and being a little thick skulled I tried every forum to find the place to agree to no avail. It then occurred to me maybe it is what I agreed to when I first signed up here and I am already done with it. But after reading all of the above I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do if I want to continue here so lets hope administration reads some of this and sits us all straight.
wes
wesran....
When you 1st signed up to this site you agreed to those rules....
These stickies that popped up in all the forums are just a reminder...
I don't believe you have to go any where to agree again....
We are just being reminded that we have already agreed and if we don't abide by those rules we could be banned from the site....

Paul_D
I see we replied at the same time...
__________________
Just my thoughts on the subject
Crazzy Cooter Cummin at ya


Vista Specs

Crockett's Sticky
Click

Mike Lin's Startup Ctrl Panel
Click


Startup Inspector 2.2
Click

Print Screen Tutorial
Click

Before posting your questions
Click
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
nightowl's Avatar
nightowl nightowl is offline
Senior Member, Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mena,Arkansas
Posts: 5,580
exactly.
__________________
My Computer Specs

Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer
New 9/15/16
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
wesran's Avatar
wesran wesran is offline
Wiser with each Mistake
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,198
I got that so am fixed up. But would like to say it doesn't make it any better when we members have to figure out what administration wants us to do.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64 2.7GHz dual core CPU
& Win7 dual boot
4 Gb memory
Gigabyte motherboard.
Windows essential- windows firewall-Spyblaster-SAS-Malwarebytes
Toshiba Satellite laptop w[W7 home Premium 64 bit 4 Gb Mem. Kaspersky trail-Win firewall-spyblasre-Malwarebytes
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-25-2008, 05:09 PM
donnasander donnasander is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_D
That may well be, but he should have included a link to them. "Detailed below" means what it says, not a vague "somewhere else on the website".
I agree with Paul: "detailed below" means just that. But, that's pretty much par for course for World Start...Sometimes they're not real bright.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
crestiksa crestiksa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Important Terms Conditions and Forum Rules

What can I post here?

You can post here questions about how to use YafaRay in command line terminal / console or from Blender. You must also post here if you have doubts about how to install YafaRay.

If you have doubts where to post, post your question here and a forum moderator will move your post to the right section if it is needed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2011 WorldStart, Inc