Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Epic Member

Favourites

I currently use a Windows 7 machine with Firefox as my default browser. So all my bookmarks are in Firefox....But i have just ordered my first Apple iMac and i was wondering if there is any way to transfer my favourites across to the iMac or is this something that has to be done manually by typing in each individual website on the mac and saving it that way? And if that is the case, is there any way to print out a list of my favourites in Firefox on my windows PC so that i have a list of them all?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Still Hanging Around

I use Xmarks to sync my favorites in Firefox, Iron, and IE. There is a version for Macs also that may be what you want http://download.xmarks.com/download/macosx_10_6

Tims Computer Specs
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Happy Retiree

I do the same as Tim, using Xmarks so that I have the identical bookmarks and favorites on all of my computers.... Add or make a change on one computer to your bookmarks or favorites and when the program automatically synchs or you manually synch that change is listed on the other machines when they connect to the Internet and the Xmarks program synchronizes at startup of that machine.....Just matter of downloading and installing Xmarks on all machines you want the same bookmarks available on.... I only have Windows OS, and use all 3 available for the 3 different browsers on that system (Firefox, IE and Chrome).... http://download.xmarks.com/download/all
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.1 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Epic Member

Thank you nojmit and BigToe for your answers. It looks like Xmarks is the way to go. Appreciate your help.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
In Your Mind

Nice tip. I was just given a 27" iMac and need to get it setup with bookmarks also.