Old 11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Epic Member

Several problems at once

If you have several problems, please let up help you fix them one at a time. Please don't be jumping from one problem to another till you get one fixed. Sometimes fixing one problem "may or may not" fix another problem or problems.
Kind of like if you have a flat tire, a wheel falling off, out of gas and the motor knocking, you wouldn't take the flat tire off and get half way to the gas station and leave it and go back and tighten one of the 2 lug nuts on the loose wheel and leave the other for later then head for the gas station to get some fuel and then stop part way there and go back and check on the motor knocking.

It makes it easier to concentrate on one problem then move on to the next. Both for us and you. Sometimes we have to jump from thread to thread to see what is going on. Can get confusing after a while.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sometimes fixing one problem "may or may not" fix another problem or problems....It makes it easier to concentrate on one problem then move on to the next. Both for us and you. Sometimes we have to jump from thread to thread to see what is going on. Can get confusing after a while.
Amen!!!

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Forum Moderator

This is very sound advice. I will expand a bit on what Funtimes has stated. If you do have multiple problems, stating that up front will help us prioritize what needs to be taken care of first. Things that are more urgent in terms of safety and security should be addressed first.

I also cannot stress enough that when instructions are given, that you follow them exactly as they are given. If you do not understand something, ask for clarification before you try and make a guess. Every attempt is made to make instructions as clear as possible, but there is no harm in asking for clarification to be sure you understand it properly.
Da Rules, Learn 'em and Live 'em!
Mike's free security tools
Registry Cleaners are Unnecessary!!!
Reformatting is your last course of action.
System Restore, Don't use it!
Just because it is on Youtube, does not make it true!
Spes mea in Deo est
Old 12-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Epic Member

Another thing. Please don't post a problem then go away and come back in a day or two to see if someone has answered it. Stick around for a few minutes and check back often. We know that people have to work and post stuff in the evening but not getting back still happens in these types of post.