Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Using it or Losing it

Question Problem saving pictures

A friend who uses a Mac OS has sent me an e-mail with some stunning photographs. I use Vista Home premium and I cannot right click on the photos and "save the picture as " to my Desktop as I can usually do with jpegs. I was wondering if Mac photos are formatted differently, i.e Not jpegs. Is there any way that I can save these photos to my computer?

Firefox v 47.01
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
Seagate expansion Drive
MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Old 03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Almost Really Old Member

I don't have a Mac computer but have received pictures sent by my daughter using a Mac every so often.
Are you not getting any choice to save them at all? I have had this happen occasionally with embedded images sent from both a Mac and occasionally also from a Windows computer but I was given some options. One of them was Copy. If I chose that I could then paste it into my photo program & then save it.

Don't know if this makes a difference or if you are given the option, but don't choose .jpeg but choose .jpg.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Using it or Losing it

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
I don't have a Mac computer but have received pictures sent by my daughter using a Mac every so often.
Are you not getting any choice to save them at all? I have had this happen occasionally with embedded images sent from both a Mac and occasionally also from a Windows computer but I was given some options. One of them was Copy. If I chose that I could then paste it into my photo program & then save it.

Don't know if this makes a difference or if you are given the option, but don't choose .jpeg but choose .jpg.
Thanks for that information, I never thought to copy & paste it so I tried that but it still didn't work, so I then tried changing the name of the file and tried to save it ; that resulted in this error message from Incredimail.
Attachment 60475
I've used "Save picture as " in Incredimail many times before with no problem ) I used the snipping tool to get the error message and used it again to get one of the photos out of the e-mail Attachment 60476

The penny then dropped and I thought I would try going to my web based e-mail programme , BT Yahoo which is provided by my ISP and which is very efficient at filtering out Spam and blocked e-mails. Lo and behold, I was able to right click on a photo from the same e-mail and Save as to my desktop.Attachment 60477
Attachment 60478 with no problems .
It's very strange that I have had no trouble saving pictures from other e-mails in Incredimail, it was just this lot. I've sent a message to Incredimail customer support and they're usually very good at responding to problems.

Firefox v 47.01
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
Seagate expansion Drive
MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Last edited by yorkshire lass; 11-25-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Almost Really Old Member

You figured it out for yourself Dawn
Obviously the problem is with Incredimail.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up