Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > Guides and Tutorials

Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Forum Moderator

Benefits of having more than one email account

There are several reasons I suggest having more than one email account. One relates to spam. Spam email is a big problem today. Once you start receiving spam it is almost impossible to stop it. Another reason to have multiple email accounts is to keep your personal, business and public email addresses separate. It is also important to have a backup email address, one way that email providers secure your account is by using an alternative email address or recovery address.

Personal permanent email address: Use this for friends and family. Do not use it when you register for a website, order online, subscribe to newsletters or when you register for social media sites and other online services. Ask your friends and family not to forward jokes and other mass email messages to you. Also ask that if they include you in a Cc email that they use the Bcc field for your address so that your email address is not passed along to others. Keep this email as private and as ďcleanĒ as possible. Do not use your ISPís email address for your permanent personal address. You may change ISP several times and you donít want to have to change your email address each time you change providers. Choose an email address that can be kept permanently. Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com and others offer free email accounts. Most of them will be around for quite a while.

Email address for online purchases, registration and subscriptions: Use a different email address when you order online or when you subscribe to a website, register for social media sites or sign up for online newsletters and other content. Often when you register for these types of sites your email address is not kept private which can lead to spam and other unwanted email. If you use a separate address for this kind of activity and you start to receive too much junk mail you can easily cancel the account and create another.
Work email: Keep your work and personal email separate. Use your work email only for business purposes. Donít use it to communicate with friends and family or for online purchases or other online activity.

Disposable, temporary and one time email address: You can use a disposable, one time email address when you must give an email address to a site you might not trust, or if you are registering for a site that you may use only once. Mailinator and Guerrillamail both offer temporary email addresses.

http://mailinator.com/
https://www.guerrillamail.com/

Many email providers allow you to setup your mail account in a local email client such as Windows Live Mail or Microsoft Outlook. If you do that you can check all of your accounts from one location.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Epic Member

Thanks Sunny

2.HP WIN 10 HOME PREM 32 BIT, 6 GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive
"Same programs as computer 1 above"
Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrypc1 View Post
Thanks Sunny
You're welcome Jerry.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 PM

I'm setting up another e-mail account, Outlook, and am having difficulty in placing an icon on my desktop. Can you help me.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emory 10046 View Post
I'm setting up another e-mail account, Outlook, and am having difficulty in placing an icon on my desktop. Can you help me.
Hi Emory, are you using outlook.com or Microsoft Outlook, the local client? If you are using the local client, click your start menu programs list, find MS Outlook and right click it. From the right click menu choose, send to desktop, create shortcut.
If you are using Outlook.com you can create a shortcut to the site on your bookmark or favorites toolbar, or create a shortcut on the desktop. What browser are you using?
See my tutorial here for adding a website to the favorites bar or the bookmarks toolbar in IE and Firefox.

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=166682

To create a desktop shortcut in IE, go to the site. Right click the webpage and from the right click menu choose create shortcut.
In Firefox go to the site, resize the window so that you can see the website and your desktop in the background. Click the icon in the address bar right before the web address, hold your mouse button down and drag and drop that on your desktop.