Old 02-06-2015, 12:22 PM

word processor

Does anyone know of a word processor(free) that I can use on my mac? That I can download from a safe site. Thanks in advance for any help.
IE11 & Firefox
500 gb harddrive
4 g. of ram
spywareblaster
Old 02-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
Does anyone know of a word processor(free) that I can use on my mac? That I can download from a safe site. Thanks in advance for any help.
From the Apple Apps Store icon on your computer you can get MS Office (I got Word and Excel as those are only two that I use) or Google Office (which has Docs and also has Sheets - [like Word and Excel]).... they're free and come from the App Store, the only safe place for you to get items for your Mac..... I have both on a new iPad and have only used briefly, but likely you are used to Word or WordPad or NotePad from your Windows days..... There are also on-line MS Office choices as well if you wanted to work and store on-line and not save on your computer....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM

Thank you for the information Big Toe. I will go to the app store and get it. I wanted to make sure I could get something that would be safe to download.Thanks again.
IE11 & Firefox
500 gb harddrive
4 g. of ram
spywareblaster
Old 02-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
Thank you for the information Big Toe. I will go to the app store and get it. I wanted to make sure I could get something that would be safe to download.Thanks again.
You're welcome Chere.... Forgot another word processor for the Mac which works well with Office Word, called PAGES ... https://www.apple.com/mac/pages/ ... I have it on the iPad but have not used it.... As long as you just get things from the Apple App Store for your Mac you won't have to worry, as Apple has a rigorous testing of everything before they allow it to be on the App Store, so you should never get any malware included which is the danger of going to any other source.... Same thing applies for the Google Play store for android devices..... each site has well over a million things to choose from, so should be able to find an app for just about anything you want....

ADD** Well, if you want to look at another one free on the Mac App Store take a look at this one called X Word .... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/x-wo...78776924?mt=12

Should be good to write your memoirs or the next best seller ....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock