Old 05-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Location: Old Californian using Windows 10 64bit, Firefox, Chrome, Comodo Ice Dragon, IE 11 & cable.
Unable to install Robolinux

Today's Worldstart Computer Tips Newsletter contains an article about Robolinux. That is a linux distro that I hadn't yet tried so I burned the iso file to a DVD and TRIED to install Robolinux. The Only option I was offered was to start an open session which I did. I spent hours looking for the link or other means to INSTALL same.

If someone could put me on the right track for installation from either the iso DVD or from an active open session, I would appreciate it.

I have already created 119 GB of unallocated space to use for this installation.

Click Here to view latest edition
Old 05-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Major Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Today's Worldstart Computer Tips Newsletter contains an article about Robolinux. That is a linux distro that I hadn't yet tried so I burned the iso file to a DVD and TRIED to install Robolinux. The Only option I was offered was to start an open session which I did. I spent hours looking for the link or other means to INSTALL same.

If someone could put me on the right track for installation from either the iso DVD or from an active open session, I would appreciate it.

I have already created 119 GB of unallocated space to use for this installation.
I installed Robolinux XFCE 64 bit on a flash drive, clicked install and it seemed to go through all the motions necessary to install it on my computer. I did not go any further because I did not want to install it. Apparently, all the instructions for installation were given with the install icon.
Maybe your download to a DVD was of a different version?
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Google Chrome Preferred Browser
BitDefender Free
Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Linux Operative

What version are you using gnome or ?
4 gigs of Ram
300 gig Hard Drive
Firefox
Chromium
Old 05-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Linux Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Here is there help http://www.robolinux.org/install/ pick your version
4 gigs of Ram
300 gig Hard Drive
Firefox
Chromium