Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Old 02-02-2016, 05:41 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat31 View Post
Thanks, Sunny, for the Post. You, Judy and others have sure been nice to me and very helpful over the years.
You're welcome Bearcat, glad to help.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Old Timer

Thanks Sunny for this post and for always being so considerate. I am sure that over the past couple of years many people have quit posting because of the way certain member have responded to the posters questions. Let us hope that your comments in this post will have some effect.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Thanks Sunny for this post and for always being so considerate. I am sure that over the past couple of years many people have quit posting because of the way certain member have responded to the posters questions. Let us hope that your comments in this post will have some effect.
Thank you Lester, I hope so too. I know we have lost members and that should not happen. I think everyone can agree that kindness is key. And as I have said before if you cannot respond in a respectful, kind way then don't respond at all. This board is here to help people. We are all at different levels when it comes to technology and no one should be made to feel bad for posting a question.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Epic Member

Isn't this about the same post that is 4 years old? http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=157284
Old 02-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimes View Post
Isn't this about the same post that is 4 years old? http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=157284
No, not the same post at all. Maybe similar comments but it definitely needed to be said again as people are feeling intimidated or afraid to ask a question. The forum had different moderators 4 years ago.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:56 AM

The tone the message board has taken, let's all be thoughtful and kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
No, not the same post at all. Maybe similar comments but it definitely needed to be said again as people are feeling intimidated or afraid to ask a question. The forum had different moderators 4 years ago.
Good Sunny, a reminder won`t do any harm.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Good Sunny, a reminder won`t do any harm.
Thank you Blueberry, as you can see the positive comments in this thread by far out number the negative. Why anyone would have a problem with it puzzles me.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Forum Moderator

I am going to jump in here with a little observation of my own. Over the past almost 14 years, I have seen the tone of this board change several times. This one says something to that one and all hell breaks loose. Or This one gives this advice to that one and another one chimes in with a different take causing this one to take offense. We are all adults here folks and as adults we need to realize that we are all human and have faults. Not one of us on this entire board, except maybe the newest member who has yet to make a post, is not guilty of taking an unkind tone towards another member. Everyone at some time during their membership here has taken a tone with someone else that has resulted in hurt feelings. If you think you haven't, then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself before posting again.

Each and every one of us has something of value to contribute to this board and everyone should learn something from each question whether they are offering a possible solution or the one asking the question. Noone should be afraid to ask or answer here. If you think you have a solution to a question, throw it out there. If it isn't correct, do not be offended if you are "told" that, be appreciative of the fact that some took the time to correct you. Your incorrect answer may just be the spark someone else needs to lead them to a correct solution.

Also, there can also be multiple ways to solve the same issue. No single person knows everything there is to know about everything. I may know a lot, JHolland may know a lot, Funtimes may know a lot, Sunny may know a lot, on and on and on, but none of us knows everything. Each of us knows our way of doing things and it is what we are each comfortable with. However how I do something is no more correct or incorrect than how Sunny or blueberry or bearcat, for example, accomplish the same thing.

Bottom line to my rambling is learn how to accept differences not only of opinion but of others in general.
Da Rules, Learn 'em and Live 'em!
Mike's free security tools
Registry Cleaners are Unnecessary!!!
Reformatting is your last course of action.
System Restore, Don't use it!
Just because it is on Youtube, does not make it true!
Spes mea in Deo est
Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Junior Senior Member

What Crash said. Great post.

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Old 02-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Smile The tone the message board has taken, let's all be thoughtful and kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
What Crash said. Great post.
Follow what Sunny said and accentuate the positive.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 PM

Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Over the last few months I have received quite a few complaints about the negative tone the board seems to have taken.

I understand we have many different members and many different personality types. But we all need to try to be polite, kind and helpful and remember the wise old saying that if you donít have anything nice to say donít say anything at all.

When a person asks a question they may not always be clear or give the details needed for others to offer help. I donít believe this is intentional and many times a response is posted that takes a negative tone.

I understand that if a poster is not clear we cannot offer a helpful suggestion until more details are given but there is a kind, respectful way to ask for that information and if the response is not what you think it should be you are free to express yourself, but be polite when doing so or just leave the post and do not respond.

Members should not be afraid to post in fear that they will be belittled, ridiculed or attacked. I have come up with a few general guidelines that I believe everyone can follow.
    • Show respect for all fellow members.
    • Be thoughtful before posting a response and choose your words carefully.
    • No name calling, belittling, attacking, etc.
    • If you cannot offer a useful response or feel that you cannot use kind words when responding donít respond at all.
    • Understand that all people are unique. Some members are very comfortable with technology and have a very good understanding of how it works, some members donít. That is why the board is here, to offer help to everyone regardless of their technological skill level.
    • Any racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations will not be tolerated.
    • Do not post anything that could offend another member. Do not post anything that is offensive or inflammatory.
    • Letís all just be kind and thoughtful when posting.
I am sure there are many more suggestions I could add to the list but I believe this is a good start.

Thank you, Sunny
You have done more good with your statment then you my think.
I have been a member for a few years and they have been a few times when i was treated as if i was a uneducated moron. They forget that we all have to go into some traning. All i can say Sunny THANK YOU
Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobarbk View Post
I have been a member for a few years and they have been a few times when i was treated as if i was a uneducated moron. They forget that we all have to go into some traning. All i can say Sunny THANK YOU
You're welcome. Thank you for your kind comments.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:51 PM

Talking The tone the message board has taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobarbk View Post
Yes geobarbk, the same here. Sunny is doing great.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Yes geobarbk, the same here. Sunny is doing great.

I agree Sunny is doing great

2.HP WIN 10 HOME PREM 32 BIT, 6 GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive
"Same programs as computer 1 above"
Old 08-30-2016, 03:52 AM
Forum Moderator

Thank you Blueberry and Jerry.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Old Timer

Thank you Sunny for a most needed post. When I first started to read this board many, many years ago one could spend a lot of time reading in the various topics. Now we sometimes get maybe one or two posts on the whole board. Takes a couple of minutes. I used to post regularly but sarcastic comments, some abusive caused me to think deeply before posting anymore. I do think the main perpetrators have modified their attitudes in recent times however. I would like to see the board back to where it used to be, lively entertaining, helping and educating.
Thanks again Sunny
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Thank you Sunny for a most needed post. When I first started to read this board many, many years ago one could spend a lot of time reading in the various topics. Now we sometimes get maybe one or two posts on the whole board. Takes a couple of minutes. I used to post regularly but sarcastic comments, some abusive caused me to think deeply before posting anymore. I do think the main perpetrators have modified their attitudes in recent times however. I would like to see the board back to where it used to be, lively entertaining, helping and educating.
Thanks again Sunny
Hi Lester, I agree. I also am a long time member and hope that we all can show kindness when posting.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:17 PM

Thank you Sunny.

I too have been a member on here for many years but rarely post, although I read here every day. If I need to find a solution I would rather look on either Google or elsewhere than be the brunt of someone`s sarcasm and aggression. What Sunny has posted needed to be said, only hope things change.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
Thank you Sunny.

I too have been a member on here for many years but rarely post, although I read here every day. If I need to find a solution I would rather look on either Google or elsewhere than be the brunt of someone`s sarcasm and aggression. What Sunny has posted needed to be said, only hope things change.
Thank you Bootsie, please don't be afraid to post. Everyone should feel welcome here and we all have different levels of knowledge and all levels are welcome.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:29 AM
Learning

Wonderful news!! I've wanted to come here for help and have been too afraid I'd be shot down or ridiculed for not understanding the answer.
I sure hope this note helps and I can come back here for help. I've used WorldStart for many many years but stopped because of the rudeness.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing that note Sunny)
LenovoH50-50, 64 Bit, RAM 6.0gb Windows 10Home, but using Classic Shell for Windows 8,Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, CCleaner, Lenovo OneKeyRecovery, Cobian Backup