Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm here to learn

Question Droid Turbo cell phone question

is there a way you can put a picture on the home screen of a droid turbo

my friend has a picture she took and downloaded it to google drive , Gallery, & dropbox but no option any of these to download to home screen

she does not want it as wallpaper it is an Identification card that has to be used a few times a day
thanks
Old 01-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugee View Post
is there a way you can put a picture on the home screen of a droid turbo

my friend has a picture she took and downloaded it to google drive , Gallery, & dropbox but no option any of these to download to home screen

she does not want it as wallpaper it is an Identification card that has to be used a few times a day
thanks
Not wanting it as wallpaper she could open her Gallery of pictures or even open DropBox app on the phone. Open either program to that picture of her ID card, and then hold down the home button on the bottom of the phone. That puts the open picture displayed but hidden in the background of her screen. When she needs to display the ID, just hold down the Home button and tap the open page of the App displaying the photo ID. After display, use the Home button again to hide that opened app with the picture displayed..... Do the same each time she needs to show the ID.

A bit of a pain for a couple seconds each morning of her work days to go through the process, but if not wanting it displayed as a screen picture, that is a way she could do so each day....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 01-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToe View Post
A bit of a pain for a couple seconds each morning of her work days to go through the process, but if not wanting it displayed as a screen picture, that is a way she could do so each day....
Sorry, had to leave for a bit while typing the last response.... Another way she could go is to create a free email for her self (like a Yahoo, outlook.com, or Live.com... any of the free email programs). Email that ID picture to herself at that free email address included in the body of the email or as an attachment. Then just open that email, again use the "Home" button on the bottom face of the phone so she "minimizes" the open email, and follow the same method of hold down the Home button, click on the open email displaying her ID picture, and again use the Home button to minimize the open email display behind her normal screen wallpaper or app display...When she minimizes the picture via any of the listed methods on her Android smart phone, it just sits like it would if she was using MS Windows OS on a PC and minimized something down to the task bar.... Just with the PC she could click the minimized icon and the picture would open on the screen and then could be minimized again; however, on the Android smart phone there is no taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Similarly, she just uses the Home button to "minimize" the open picture in any of the used apps so it is "hidden" behind her display screen of wallpaper or icons of apps (applications) and instead of clicking on the PC taskbar she holds the Home button a couple seconds to display the hidden apps and then just uses her finger to tap the displayed picture so it comes to the front screen display of her phone.....

Sorry for long winded answer, but I no longer use my Samsung Galaxy S4 android smart phone (similar to her phone) but use an iPhone and an iPad so can't just post pictures to explain the steps.... There are just many different ways to go about showing and hiding her ID picture on the android phone, and she just has to pick a method that is comfortable to her...via email or an app and using the Home button to "hide" or "un-hide" the display of the ID picture. The app can be left open and hidden in the background. If she shuts off the phone the app only needs to be opened again to show/display the picture again when she turns the phone back on.... I never shut mine off as it is my only phone, no longer use a landline.

Just like on a PC, there are many different ways of doing things on the smart phone (a small screened computer, really) and just a matter of using a method that is comfortable to the user....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 01-09-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm here to learn

thanks so much for your advice
I copied it all and sent it to her via email
it all sounds logical
thanks again for your time & effort
Old 01-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Happy Retiree

Happy to try to assist. Hope one of the ideas helps her. ... So not to confuse her, I looked up the Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo and notice her screen has the 3 symbols at the bottom of the screen that came with the Lollipop update to the android operating system; a triangle (back), a circle in the middle (home button), and a square on the right ( button to show, resume or end recent applications on the RAM ). She could open her ID picture to show to security or whomever and then tap the circle symbol so the phone would again display her home screen and the picture would disappear from view. Next time she needs to show her ID badge picture she would tap the little square symbol on bottom right of the screen to show what she has open in her RAM... Tap the picture and it would again be displayed on the phone 5" screen. Then tap the circle home symbol again to hide it again in the RAM memory. As long as she has the app open in which she has the ID picture saved such as her picture Gallery she will always be able to get the picture quickly and hide it again quickly using those symbols at bottom of her 5 inch screen.

Hope those directions are easier for her to use or understand since more specific to her android phone...