Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 AM
Epic Member

Good site for beginners

For anyone seriously considering giving Linux a go here is a good place to start, for beginners - plenty to read.
http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/consult.shtml

I 'gave it a go' some time ago (one of the early Mints) After 3 weeks or more of intense concentration, and I have to say frustration as well, I decided it was not for me. I am not clever enough.
It takes time to learn a new language and for old dogs to learn new tricks. In my opinion one system is not 'better' than the other, just different. It takes time to learn Windows, and it takes time to learn Linux. Each has its own problems, real or perceived.
Learning Linux needs a dedication which at the time I did not have, and still don't

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-F203A All In One, 8GB RAM,1TB HD
Acer Aspire 5750G,4GB RAM, 698GB HD
Windows 10 Home

MAXTHON, Edge, Chrome, Firefox
Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 04-14-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
For anyone seriously considering giving Linux a go here is a good place to start, for beginners - plenty to read.

I 'gave it a go' some time ago (one of the early Mints) After 3 weeks or more of intense concentration, and I have to say frustration as well, I decided it was not for me. I am not clever enough.
It takes time to learn a new language and for old dogs to learn new tricks. In my opinion one system is not 'better' than the other, just different. It takes time to learn Windows, and it takes time to learn Linux. Each has its own problems, real or perceived.
Learning Linux needs a dedication which at the time I did not have, and still don't

thank you. theres alot to learn for sure. i installed it earlier this morning.
superantispyware,spywareblaster,
malwarebytes,aomei partition assistant,
aomei backupper,ccleaner, and avast.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post

Excellent link and well said comments.