Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Epic Member

I am still enjoying Vivaldi, and have had no problems. Sometimes it does take a fraction longer to open but once opened it is extremely fast. I like the useful side panel.
I was hoping Chrome Themes may install as well as the extensions but they don't. I still dislike the harsh colours.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-F203A All In One, 8GB RAM,1TB HD
Acer Aspire 5750G,4GB RAM, 698GB HD
Windows 10 Home

MAXTHON, Edge, Chrome, Firefox
Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 04-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Thank you for coming to my aid again Judy! Now I have it.
Windows 8.1, TOSHIBA Satellite L55-A laptop, 64-bit, Intel Core i5-4200U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Avira (Free), Malwarebytes(Premium), Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntiSpyware(free), Windows Firewall, CCleaner
Old 04-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post
Thank you for coming to my aid again Judy! Now I have it.
You're welcome, Happy to help!

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Major Member

You may not believe this but I downloaded and installed Vivaldi last night and it worked perfectly. This morning, it again, would not open!
There has to be something on my computer that does this but I have no way to find out what it is.
I am glad that some of you people have had success with it.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Google Chrome Preferred Browser
BitDefender Free
Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahduncu View Post
You may not believe this but I downloaded and installed Vivaldi last night and it worked perfectly. This morning, it again, would not open!
There has to be something on my computer that does this but I have no way to find out what it is.
I am glad that some of you people have had success with it.
I am going to guess "maybe" BitDefender is blocking it. Only saying that cause I don't believe that any of us here who thus far have had no problems with it are using BitDefender.

You certainly have given it a fair trial. I have been reading on their forum and you are not the only one to have this problem, there are several different threads created by different people with the same problems so it is not unheard of for sure. So you are definitely not alone.

I also have to say some of their replies on that forum are rather rude and some didn't have anything to do with the browser at all, random "ramblings" about "power users", end of mandatory military service and iphones causing...? I am not sure what those comments have to do with getting a browser to work, sounded to me though like they are placing full blame on the various users who are having these same problems.

You definitely are giving it a fair trial and I for one commend you for that.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Major Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
I am going to guess "maybe" BitDefender is blocking it. Only saying that cause I don't believe that any of us here who thus far have had no problems with it are using BitDefender.

You certainly have given it a fair trial. I have been reading on their forum and you are not the only one to have this problem, there are several different threads created by different people with the same problems so it is not unheard of for sure. So you are definitely not alone.

I also have to say some of their replies on that forum are rather rude and some didn't have anything to do with the browser at all, random "ramblings" about "power users", end of mandatory military service and iphones causing...? I am not sure what those comments have to do with getting a browser to work, sounded to me though like they are placing full blame on the various users who are having these same problems.

I have both Bitdefender and Bitdefender Anti-ransom ware, neither of which give any indication of blocking it. I have a feeling that the anti-ransom ware may be the culprit but I would rather have more security than another browser.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free
Old 04-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have both Bitdefender and Bitdefender Anti-ransom ware, neither of which give any indication of blocking it. I have a feeling that the anti-ransom ware may be the culprit but I would rather have more security than another browser.
Oh absolutely! Without a doubt!

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Happy Retiree

Quote:
Have Bitdefender AV Free and no problems with Vivaldi browser on Win7 machine for the few days I have tried it. Don't use the anti-ransom feature so can't address that possibility. Don't have Java or Flash on that machine either if that thought might come to mind. No ideas to assist on your problem as have only limited experience with Vivaldi browser.
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.1 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Major Member

Quote:

I am enclosing the final answer I received from someone on the Vivaldi Forum, final because I will have no more to do with these people and their browser. I don't know if the respondent is just a busybody or a representative of the browser people, but I think their communications are disgraceful. If this is a representative, it's a sad commentary as to how not to make friends:
"Well, without access to your machine, and no communication from you, no one will ever figure out what went wrong for you.

So, while waiting for your problem to be solved, I would not hold my breath if I were you. Humans require oxygen."
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free
Old 04-28-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I am enclosing the final answer I received from someone on the Vivaldi Forum, final because I will have no more to do with these people and their browser. I don't know if the respondent is just a busybody or a representative of the browser people, but I think their communications are disgraceful. If this is a representative, it's a sad commentary as to how not to make friends:
"Well, without access to your machine, and no communication from you, no one will ever figure out what went wrong for you.

So, while waiting for your problem to be solved, I would not hold my breath if I were you. Humans require oxygen."

well, thats not very professional at all, whoever told you that should not be employed there!.... have you ever tried opera browser? also has the speed dial, and works very well, plus some of the themes you can have on the start page are antimated.
superantispyware,spywareblaster,
malwarebytes,aomei partition assistant,
aomei backupper,ccleaner, and avast.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
I am enclosing the final answer I received from someone on the Vivaldi Forum, final because I will have no more to do with these people and their browser. I don't know if the respondent is just a busybody or a representative of the browser people, but I think their communications are disgraceful
I had been watching your thread at their forum and was stunned to see that reply yesterday. Unbelievable! He had another reply today that I found disgusting. Poster says he is not a Vivaldi team member, nor a technical or computer expert but just a user. Well they shouldn't have this guy on their forum being so rude to users.
I have dumped Vivaldi. If they allow their users to be treated rudely then why bother with them. As you said before, there are plenty of other browsers that work well.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Major Member

Quote:
I had been watching your thread at their forum and was stunned to see that reply yesterday. Unbelievable! He had another reply today that I found disgusting. Poster says he is not a Vivaldi team member, nor a technical or computer expert but just a user. Well they shouldn't have this guy on their forum being so rude to users.
I have dumped Vivaldi. If they allow their users to be treated rudely then why bother with them. As you said before, there are plenty of other browsers that work well.
What I don't understand is why management of Vivaldi does not appear to even look at some of the problems and users of their forum? There has not been any indication of an interest on their part.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free
Old 04-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
What I don't understand is why management of Vivaldi does not appear to even look at some of the problems and users of their forum? There has not been any indication of an interest on their part.
I sent you a PM.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 04-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Junior Senior Member

Quote:
It is very common with free software for "support" to be provided by means of a user forum, often with volunteer moderators. Vivaldi is far from being alone in this.

And I understand why. The user is getting free software, and providing real support costs money. To me it's a reasonable compromise, although in this instance the forum obviously needs a bit of oversight.

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Vivaldi has had another update today
Old 05-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Major Member

I don't want to start a jinx but Vivaldi has been working on my computer for a week, set up just as I want it, with all my bookmarks and extensions, and very quick. They have had several updates and, apparently, have overcome some of the glitches.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
BitDefender Free
Old 05-20-2016, 11:31 AM

Vivaldi has had another update
Old 06-02-2016, 01:19 PM

Another new update available today
Old 06-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Major Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgallxp View Post