Old 10-25-2016, 04:42 PM

Question Internet connection with Android

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Android Sandwich, it keeps telling me there is an authentication problem when I try to connect with Wi-Fi. I have looked at solutions via Google, but none seem to work. Hope someone out there can help.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:07 PM

Can I add to that - it is a Bauhn 16gb tablet, if that helps.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Happy Retiree

Is it just one router you get the authentication problem with or all wifi hot spots? Might triple check the password you are trying with the router as misspelled passwords will cause the tablet to not be able to authenticate the network required name and password.

Can also try a standard trick with authentication problems.... Manually turn off the Wi-Fi and mobile data on your device, and then turn ON the airplane mode, while airplane mode is still active turn the Wi-Fi back on and then try to connect to the network again. Once the Wi-Fi is connected then you can turn airplane mode off.

Also reboot your modem, router and tablet... turn off all 3 and wait a minute. Then turn on the modem, waiting minute or two for it to reset... then the same step with router and after a minute or two you turn on the tablet.... go to settings,,,,wifi,,,,tap for your network and positively tap out the correct password being sure to use correct upper/lower case letters and correct numbers... often the rebooting will let the tablet authenticate the correct network connection...

Can also follow these two steps in this link: http://updato.com/how-to/fix-android...cation-problem
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 10-26-2016, 01:31 AM

Well thank you for your help - I have gone through all the options without any luck.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:53 AM

Unhappy

Thank you for all your suggestions - have tried them all and sadly none worked.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Question Help

No - one got any other ideas of how to fix this apart from throwing in the bin?
Old 10-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Happy Retiree

Still need some answers about wifi.... can you connect to any available public or family members wifi? Is it just your home wifi that won't work for the tablet? Can a cell phone or another laptop connect to the wifi signal from your router?

There are many solutions found during a search for "authentication problems connecting to router or wifi network", such as changing broadcast channel on your router or modem/access point combination, reinstalling your network, fully updating your tablet to newest operating system, and numerous others. Just trying to determine if problem is the tablet or your network... less expensive tablets tend to have problems if they can't run the newest android OS... The more info you can supply and exactly what you have tried can be helpful to anyone trying to help.
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 52.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock