Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Uber Member

cell phone pictures

i tried this post in digital imaging section got no response. a friend of ours took some Christmas pictures with her phone.. for a while they disappeared. we managed find them.. put them on my p.c only problem they will not open up for full view .they turn black.. any ideas maybe still save the pictures ?

Old 12-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Epic Member

Have you tried right clicking one of the saved images and selecting which program to use to view full size. ? Are you certain the full size images were transferred ? How did you transfer them from phone to computer ?
What OS are you using ? If win 10 the Windows Phone Companion works well..https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...om-phone-to-pc
We don't know what type of phone either - iPhone ? Android ?

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-F203A All In One, 8GB RAM,1TB HD
Acer Aspire 5750G,4GB RAM, 698GB HD
Windows 10 Home

MAXTHON, Edge, Chrome, Firefox
Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 12-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
Have you tried right clicking one of the saved images and selecting which program to use to view full size. ? Are you certain the full size images were transferred ? How did you transfer them from phone to computer ?
What OS are you using ? If win 10 the Windows Phone Companion works well..https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...om-phone-to-pc
We don't know what type of phone either - iPhone ? Android ?
we did discover most of the pictures were ok. there is about 9 or 10 of them that will not open we transferred them to my p.b win 10 we used a cord. any one know how to make pictures open up. we can view them in download size. but when you click on them to see in full view it black some green some gray. we think her sd card is bad

Last edited by ezra; 12-27-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Epic Member

Are the ones that will not open in the same format ?
Any possibility they could be videos and not images ?

Windows 10 Home

Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 12-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton View Post
Are the ones that will not open in the same format ?
Any possibility they could be videos and not images ?
no there pictures about 10 of them yes same format my guess something in sd card went wacko . why the first 10 is beyond me. what is crazy you can see them but when you open them up nothing . i would like find way to save them and maybe find program that would enlarge . them from the thumbnail size so to speak . i am not tech savy on this stuff but if could get pointed in right direction. my son might be able do something... at a cross road

another dead end

Last edited by ezra; 12-27-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Epic Member

Try e-mailing them to your PC and see what happens.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:23 AM
Epic Member

If the photos were taken on the same day with the same camera and sd card it is unlikely that the first group of them would have been caused by the card going 'wacko'
I would suggest re-uploading them from camera to pc either via the cord or as suggested above, email them.
I suspect the ones that will not open enlarged have only had the thumbnails copied/uploaded, not the full sized versions.
If you have only the thumbnails on your pc no program could successfully enlarge them to full size.

Windows 10 Home

Thunderbird
Avast! Free
Old 12-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Uber Member

[quote=Everton;1821161]If the photos were taken on the same day with the same camera and sd card it is unlikely that the first group of them would have been caused by the card going 'wacko'
I would suggest re-uploading them from camera to pc either via the cord or as suggested above, email them.
I suspect the ones that will not open enlarged have only had the thumbnails copied/uploaded, not the full sized versions.
If you have only the thumbnails on your pc no program could successfully enlarge them to full size.[/QU we did that.. i just tried to email turns out just color no picture.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:23 AM
Uber Member

Quote:
If you have only the thumbnails on your pc no program could successfully enlarge them to full size.
that is my thoughts not sure why first 10 are trash. this had her kids Christmas but the majority came through . thanks beat the info i got from the digital section. this forum use be active not sure what has happened