Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Old 03-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOSTERHACKETT View Post
This mumble jumbo has nothing to do with what was explained in the beginning:
If needed I can highlight
Again a copy/paste of http://www.softorbits.com/windows-10-privacy-protector/

Are you an Affiliate for this Russian based software company?

Not paying $40 for things I can do myself, so no commission from me.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Linux Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
Again a copy/paste of http://www.softorbits.com/windows-10-privacy-protector/

Are you an Affiliate for this Russian based software company?

Not paying $40 for things I can do myself, so no commission from me.
NO I am not an Affiliate

It matters to me, and I cringe at the thought of personal data that Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook have,and I think we all need to be aware of how our data is used by the people who use it.

Its amazing the amount of personal data and the kind of data Google takes — and Apple, and Microsoft and Facebook, and Amazon.

You need to decide who you trust in and that's not easy. But it's important because you're handing them your data each and every day. Decide is not easy looking into what they do with it and how they keep it safe. This is a discussion we should be having more often.

Of course, you can also feel that nobody needs your data. I can't say I blame you if you follow a tin-foil hat and scorched earth policy when it comes to being online. And that's the only way to stop the internet giants from taking what they want from you. But I will say that folks who feel they have nothing to hide and just don't care need to rethink their position. I don't have anything to hide either, but I don't want someone from an internet services company to come into my house and rifle through my underwear drawer.

If you’ve made the decision to skip the upgrade to Windows 10 in order to avoid those privacy concerns, guess what? A handful of recent Windows Updates have brought some of Windows 10’s nosy “tracking features” to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft says they added the new “Diagnostic and Telemetry Tracking” features to older versions of Windows in order to acquire information about system issues and other supposedly benign reasons, but they can also use some of the info they gather to determine how (and even why) you use your computer. Is that really any of their business?

So far the new tracking features have only been found in the following four Windows Updates:
◦KB3068708
◦KB3022345
◦KB3075249
◦KB3080149

These are supposed to be optional updates, but they were installed automatically on many systems without the users even knowing about it.

Be aware that Microsoft can easily add additional tracking features to future updates, but at least you can remove the ones mentioned above right now and hope for the best.

So it is up to you to decide............
4 gigs of Ram
300 gig Hard Drive
Firefox
Chromium
Old 03-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
NO I am not an Affiliate

It matters to me, and I cringe at the thought of personal data that Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook have,and I think we all need to be aware of how our data is used by the people who use it.

Its amazing the amount of personal data and the kind of data Google takes — and Apple, and Microsoft and Facebook, and Amazon.

You need to decide who you trust in and that's not easy. But it's important because you're handing them your data each and every day. Decide is not easy looking into what they do with it and how they keep it safe. This is a discussion we should be having more often.

Of course, you can also feel that nobody needs your data. I can't say I blame you if you follow a tin-foil hat and scorched earth policy when it comes to being online. And that's the only way to stop the internet giants from taking what they want from you. But I will say that folks who feel they have nothing to hide and just don't care need to rethink their position. I don't have anything to hide either, but I don't want someone from an internet services company to come into my house and rifle through my underwear drawer.

If you’ve made the decision to skip the upgrade to Windows 10 in order to avoid those privacy concerns, guess what? A handful of recent Windows Updates have brought some of Windows 10’s nosy “tracking features” to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft says they added the new “Diagnostic and Telemetry Tracking” features to older versions of Windows in order to acquire information about system issues and other supposedly benign reasons, but they can also use some of the info they gather to determine how (and even why) you use your computer. Is that really any of their business?

So far the new tracking features have only been found in the following four Windows Updates:
◦KB3068708
◦KB3022345
◦KB3075249
◦KB3080149

These are supposed to be optional updates, but they were installed automatically on many systems without the users even knowing about it.

Be aware that Microsoft can easily add additional tracking features to future updates, but at least you can remove the ones mentioned above right now and hope for the best.

Yawn.............
Firefox 51.0.1, Norton Security Deluxe 22.6.0.142

GLASGOW,
SCOTLAND
Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:

I have decided because I, along with every other member here, have the very same rights that you say you have in post #17

Quote:
What I do with my computer or any other electronic device is my own business and nobody else's.
I would say that we all hold with the same belief and we HAVE decided and we also Do know what is going on.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.52.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Junior Senior Member

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Paul D

Intel i5 @ 3.5GHz, 120gb SSD, 2xHDs (3GB total), 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, 2x24" Samsung monitors
Old 03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Linux Operative

If my posts are bothering this little group put me on your ignore list and forget the uncalled for remarks
4 gigs of Ram
300 gig Hard Drive
Firefox
Chromium