Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM

Web Of Trust help please

I am trying to download WOT onto my husbands computer but no where can I find a place to download it. I go to www.mywot.com but no where can I find any place that says to download. I can scroll way to the bottom of the page where is says "About" and then "Download", I click on the word download and it takes me to the download page but again no where can I find anyplace to download WOT, not for a computer. I found where you can get it for your android, but I want it for a computer.

Any ideas where the download button is or am I looking right at it and not seeing it.

Thank you.
SpywareBlaster
Old 03-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Happy Retiree

Take a look through this fairly recent post about WOT and you may decide not to install the WOT add-on ....
http://forum.worldstart.com/showthre...&highlight=WOT

EDIT: I changed the link to the full thread as the first one I posted only showed the first post of the thread. As a result of the info contained in that thread and from the "Ask Leo Notenboom" article on the practice of folks at WOT, many here will no longer use WOT on our browsers, but that is of course your decision to make.. Alternatives are posted in the thread but your safe computing practices are the real key to your safety on the web....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock
Old 03-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantalearn View Post
I am trying to download WOT onto my husbands computer but no where can I find a place to download it... I found where you can get it for your android, but I want it for a computer.

Any ideas where the download button is or am I looking right at it and not seeing it.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToe View Post
Take a look through this fairly recent post about WOT and you may decide not to install the WOT add-on ....
http://forum.worldstart.com/showthre...&highlight=WOT

Alternatives are posted in the thread but your safe computing practices are the real key to your safety on the web....
WOT themselves pulled the add-on for computers from their web site. It is no longer offered for computers at all but is only available for mobile devices. If you would happen to find a copy some place it certainly would be out of date so you wouldn't want to use it.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 AM

Thank you both BigToe and Judy for your help. I will not be installing it on my husbands computer and have now taken it off of mine.

BigToe thank you for the link you posted.

Judy thank you, "WOT themselves pulled the add on for computers" explains why I couldn't find any place to download.

Thanks again to the both of you.
SpywareBlaster
Old 03-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Almost Really Old Member

You're welcome.

1.Dell Inspiron 17 5759
Windows 10 64bit
Firefox v.53.0 ;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Laptop Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Happy Retiree

Happy to help.. keep up your guard, if hubby won't argue about being over protective....
AT&T FIOS, 2 laptops with Win10x64, Firefox 53.0, MS Edge/IE11, Google Chrome, 4GB RAM, Windows FireWall, AdBlock+, Disconnect add-on, Bit Defender Free A-V, MBA-M v-3, SpywareBlaster; iOS 10.3.2 on iPad & iPhone, Crystal AdBlock