Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Task bar? is stuck on the side instead of bottom.

Help!! My husband has messed up the taskbar? I believe that is what it is called. It is stuck on the side of the monitor instead of being on the bottom. I can't get it back on the bottom. I have even looked in in book Windows for Dummines and it had something briefly about it but it didn't work. This is driving me nuts. I have tried grabbing the bar and moving it but it just gets wider and won't go down. I have gotten help from you all before and have really appreciated it. So any help would be great.

I have a windows xp system. I hope this is enough to help me. My husband has no idea what he did so I have no idea how to fix it. I am not on the computer as much as I use to be so by the time I found it/he said something to me it had been some time and didn't want to to a revert.
Something else, boy I am having a dead head day. the blinker on the screen is a big black blinking space, how do I change this to what it use to be. Again my husband fulling around with whatever.
Thank you,
foxylady57
Old 03-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Larry

right click on it the move your mouse till you see <---> double arrows then left click and hold it and stretch it out and move it to the bottom and let it go then right click and lock it.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Click on the taskbar and hold down the button whilst you drag it to wherever you want it to go.

For second question see attachment.
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend

Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMFELL
Click on the taskbar and hold down the button whilst you drag it to wherever you want it to go.

For second question see attachment.
P.S. You won't actually see it drag, but when you get the cursor to the bottom of your screen, the taskbar will just jump there. After it's back, right click on it and click on "lock the taskbar"
8GB RAm
1 TB HD
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 AM

Re: the taskbar help!!!

I will try the suggestions here as soon as I am able to. I appreciate all the help. You all have been so helpful in the past. I will let you know how I do.
foxylady57.