Old 06-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Using it or Losing it

Question Problem uninstalling Arcsoft

Several years ago, when I got my first digital camera, it came with a bundle of Arcsoft editing programmes (Panorama Maker 31.55MB and Photoimpression 2.27MB). I haven't used these programmes for a year or so and want to uninstall them. When I try to do this on the control panel, I get the following error message.

An installation support file C:\Program files\Common Files\Install shield\engine\6\Intel32\ctor.dll could not be installed. Access is denied.

I did a Google desktop search and found that there were 504 Arcsoft files on my computer (windows XP SP 2, Broadband wireless connection, AVG anti-virus, Spyware and windows Firewall and Defender) but the programme does not appear on All Programs so I can't even use it if I wanted to!

Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Learning everyday

Did you try going into your add/remove area to remove from there? Hope this helps. Have a great summer & God Bless
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Epic Member

yorkshire lass, SWAG, if you use Windows Explorer, can you find 'em? Is there an uninstaller in their folder? Perhaps you need to run it? Sometimes things get put in relatively obscure places upon installation and a false 'echo' shows up later showing something that ain't. An uninstaller gets rid of 'em all.
Maybe you need to download it again and then run the uninstaller? Kinda weird, but...
HTH.
Ed.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Sr CRS Member

All five of my ArcSoft programs are found in Programs with individual "uninstall" option. Ed's suggestion is right on target. I also have the option of uninstalling from the Control Panel\Add or Remove Programs by selecting ArcSoft PhotoImpression, etc.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Using it or Losing it

thank you for all your suggestions; I've tried all of them but still cannot uninstall Arcsoft. Unfortunately, I can't find the original installation disc , otherwise I would try to re-install it and then I might find them in Programme files. Going to Control Panel/ add & remove programs, just gives me the error message I posted!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:03 AM

How about having a go in Safe Mode?

Apple Macbook/Yosemite/Firefox/Safari/BT BB

Dell Inspiron 1300/XP SP3/Firefox/PC Tools FW/Avast AV/Virgin Cable BB
Old 06-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Try going to 'Start' > Search > enter Arcsoft
And detete them from there
Old 06-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Its a problem with install shield. You will have to either re-install Arcsoft or manually remove by removing program etc from C:\Program Files

See http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...or.dll&spell=1
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend

Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Using it or Losing it

Red face Thank you everyone!

Thanks for all the new suggestions. I've now managed to get rid of the PanoramaMaker by deleting the files from the programme files, but the PhotoImpression remains!. However, I managed to get in touch with Arcsoft Support by e-mail and I'm now waiting for a reply. After all this hassle I'm in two minds whether to keep it now! Thank you all very much for going to so much trouble.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 PM
RomeoRob

Arrow A Good Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire lass
Thanks for all the new suggestions. I've now managed to get rid of the PanoramaMaker by deleting the files from the programme files, but the PhotoImpression remains!. However, I managed to get in touch with Arcsoft Support by e-mail and I'm now waiting for a reply. After all this hassle I'm in two minds whether to keep it now! Thank you all very much for going to so much trouble.
Hello, there,

I find PhotoImpression a VERY GOOD PROGRAM and my advice, for what it is worth, is to KEEP IT, most of Arcsoft products are usually excellent , incidently, what version do you have ?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Using it or Losing it

Wink Hello RomeoRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRob
Hello, there,

I find PhotoImpression a VERY GOOD PROGRAM and my advice, for what it is worth, is to KEEP IT, most of Arcsoft products are usually excellent , incidently, what version do you have ?
Unfortunately, I can't find the original installation CD that came with my first digital camera, it was bundled with quite a lot of Nikon products and being a real novice at the time, I didn't realise the importance of keeping everything, "JUST IN CASE!!" What I have left is part of version 4. It enables me to edit photos and either e-mail them or save them to disc. It doesn't appear in "All programmes" only as a shortcut on the desktop, so I just hope that I don't lose that as well!. Thanks for taking an interest.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 AM
RomeoRob

Arrow Program Files ???

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't find the original installation CD that came with my first digital camera, it was bundled with quite a lot of Nikon products and being a real novice at the time, I didn't realise the importance of keeping everything, "JUST IN CASE!!" What I have left is part of version 4. It enables me to edit photos and either e-mail them or save them to disc. It doesn't appear in "All programmes" only as a shortcut on the desktop, so I just hope that I don't lose that as well!. Thanks for taking an interest.
Hello, Again.Ms.

Perhaps if you were to look in PROGRAM FILES, under ARCSOFT , you MAY find the program , worth a peep ?
Best Regards ,

Jimmy
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Using it or Losing it

Red face

Quote:
Hello, Again.Ms.

Perhaps if you were to look in PROGRAM FILES, under ARCSOFT , you MAY find the program , worth a peep ?
Best Regards ,

Jimmy
Hello again! I found both Arcsoft PhotoImpression and part of PanoramaMaker in PROGRAM FILES. So I've copied them both into My Documents as a reserve! I'm inclined to delete all the files for PanoramaMaker as I can't get into it at all; I think there must be some files missing . Do you think this would be wise move or would it affect the working of files in PhotoImpression? Sorry to be nuisance ; I really do appreciate all your help.
Regards, Dawn.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Retired Computer Techo

I may be able to source a copy of the Arcsoft stuff as its bundled with a scanner we have at the club. No promises as the scanner is no longer with us but will try!
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend

Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Using it or Losing it

Crikey!

Well, as they say here in Yorkshire "I'll go to the bottom of my stairs!" What an amazingly kind offer.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
RomeoRob

Arrow Copying Program Files ?

Quote:
Hello again! I found both Arcsoft PhotoImpression and part of PanoramaMaker in PROGRAM FILES. So I've copied them both into My Documents as a reserve! I'm inclined to delete all the files for PanoramaMaker as I can't get into it at all; I think there must be some files missing . Do you think this would be wise move or would it affect the working of files in PhotoImpression? Sorry to be nuisance ; I really do appreciate all your help.
Regards, Dawn.
Greetings, again, Dawn ,

Because I am far from being a computer expert , i am not too sure wether one can successfully ''COPY '' Program Files , you MAY be right , BUT I would seek the advice of some of our more learned ( W S Forum ) members, such as CROCKETT,and HARLEY, etc . on this matter ?.
In respect , to removing Panorama Maker, I do NOT see that as posing any problem , as one is independent, of the other, I hope that this helps you ?

Also, I think the latest version, is 6 ?
Best Regards ,
Jimmy R.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Quote:
Greetings, again, Dawn ,

Because I am far from being a computer expert , i am not too sure wether one can successfully ''COPY '' Program Files , you MAY be right , BUT I would seek the advice of some of our more learned ( W S Forum ) members, such as CROCKETT,and HARLEY, etc . on this matter ?.
In respect , to removing Panorama Maker, I do NOT see that as posing any problem , as one is independent, of the other, I hope that this helps you ?

Also, I think the latest version, is 6 ?
Best Regards ,
Jimmy R.
Its the install disk not the programs i have (well I hope I have).
Google is your friend

Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Using it or Losing it

Thumbs up Problem sorted

My dilemma has been resolved but not in the way I expected! A VERY KIND member of this Forum (I don't know if he wants me to name him or not)sent me a copy of the programme and also took the time and trouble to help me install it. I have thanked him personally and thanks also to everyone else who took the time and trouble to help me out.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Well that a good one! saves me finding the install and posting them to you.
Google is your friend