Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Unhappy Turn off mouse click

Hi, does anyone know how to turn off the mouse clicking sound? When I am playing games at night the constant clicking sound drives me mad. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Old geezer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi-cass
Hi, does anyone know how to turn off the mouse clicking sound? When I am playing games at night the constant clicking sound drives me mad. Thanks in advance.
A few versions ago, Microsoft added a clicking noise to Internet Explorer, so that each time you click on a link with the mouse, you hear an audible click. This is cute at first, but you may find it annoying after a while. This feature can be turned off in the Control Panel.

To turn it off In Windows XP open the Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices (it's just Sounds & Multimedia in Windows 2000) then Sounds and Audio Devices, then on the Sounds tab, scroll down to the section for Windows Explorer. Click the event called "Start Navigation," and change the setting to "none" from the dropdown box. Click OK to apply the change, and from now on you can navigate clicklessly through cyberspace. WinXpFix.com

Last edited by bicycle Bill; 03-05-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Old geezer.

Question

Hey Kiwi. Did you get the mouse clicks to stop bugging you?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Sorry BB have not been on since I posted. Only come on about 3 times a week. Forgot to say I have Vista. Did as u suggested & when I hit on Start Nav got a drop down but no choices like "none" unfortunately. Looking for sound for my speakers not long ago I did come across the answer but of course did not do it & now cannot remember where I saw it. Very frustrating.

Keep trying Help & Support but get anything but what I want to know. Vista just has to be different to all the other systems.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 AM

Sorry , silly me looked down not up. Have since found the "none" & hit on it but still getting the clicking & rechecking the drop down now says "none". GRRRRR.