Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 AM

Google gmail won't open

I am suddenly unable to open google gmail in my Firefox browser; I receive this message, "Your browser's functionality is turned off. Please turn it on". This apparently refers to allowing cookies. I have followed Google's instructions, enabled the Google cookies and all other instructions from Google but, no help. I can access my gmail in Internet Explorer 7. I'm using Windows XP Media Edition.
I have not attempted to open a new account with Google because I don't think it will work.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Epic Member

Ahduncu, SWAG, when you're in Firefox, what do you have selected to view the files? RIGHTCLICK on the files and choose IE to open them and if it works correctly, check the 'always use' box. In case that won't work, try them one by one 'till you find one that will.
HTH.
Ed.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Learning everyday

I don't know if your problem has been solved or not, so why not click this link http://www.google.com/ Then click the gmail link & try signing in. It works for me. I also have & use the gmail notifier.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Moderator

In Firefox delete your cookies and temporary internet files. Make sure Firefox is up to date and you don't have a pop-up blocker or some other add-on blocking gmail.
Reboot your computer.

Open Firefox.
Click the tools menu > options. Click the privacy tab. Click the exceptions button and add gmail as an allowed site. Also make sure while you are in that area that gmail has not been blocked.

Could also be a problem/setting issue in your anti-virus software. What are you using.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Thanks all and especially Sunny - I found that Google was blocked, for some reason. Unblocked and it works!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Forum Moderator

You're welcome.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Major Member

Hi Sunny,

I'm having the same problem that Ahduncu is having with GMail, but I don't have and exceptions button in Privacy...is there another place to look?

Thanks, Sylvia
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
Hi Sunny,

I'm having the same problem that Ahduncu is having with GMail, but I don't have and exceptions button in Privacy...is there another place to look?

Thanks, Sylvia
Hi Sylvia, Are you using Firefox or IE. If Firefox click the tools menu > options > security > exceptions.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Major Member

Thanks Sunny, I was able to figure it out myself, not sure exactly what I did, but it works now! Did update Gmail & IE, and did a new ShareThis, disabled a bunch of add-ons and that's about all I can remember doing! Not sure which helped, but it's working!

Thanks Again!

Sylvia
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
Thanks Sunny, I was able to figure it out myself, not sure exactly what I did, but it works now! Did update Gmail & IE, and did a new ShareThis, disabled a bunch of add-ons and that's about all I can remember doing! Not sure which helped, but it's working!

Thanks Again!

Sylvia
You're welcome Sylvia. Glad all is well.