Photofiltre Graphic Editor

Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Smiles are contagious!!

Very Interesting, Thanx Harley
Old 10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
also known as

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEY View Post
Thanks "H". I missed that article and was seriously considering calling HP for 7.

I don't think I'll bother.

Avast AntiVir, and SuperAntiSpyware along with CCleaner. MalawareBytes Anti Malware and SpywareBlaster also installed.

IE is my default browser.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:27 AM
RomeoRob

Arrow Windows 7 pre-orders in UK set record

VERY POPULAR IN THE UK ? ;

Windows 7 pre-orders in UK set record

21 October 2009 16:09 by Andre "DVDBack23" Yoskowitz | 5 comments
Windows 7 pre-orders in UK set record TGDaily is reporting that UK Windows 7 pre-orders for the giant e-tailer Amazon have set an all-time record, even beating out the seemingly insurmountable pre-orders sales that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows had.

The new operating system is also "significantly" outselling Windows Vista pre-orders, taking just 8 hours to surpass all Vista pre-orders during its run.

"The launch of Windows 7 has superseded everyone's expectations, storming ahead of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as the biggest grossing pre-order product of all-time at Amazon.co.uk, and demand is still going strong," added Amazon UK's managing director Brian McBride.

McBride did say however that Dan Brown's recent novel, "The Lost Symbol," had higher pre-order volume, but retails for much cheaper and therefore was behind in gross.

Windows 7 goes on sale tomorrow, and is expected to see large sales, especially considering the numbers Microsoft has given us in response to their promotions on the operating system.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM
RomeoRob

Arrow Windows 7: An impressive upgrade

THE LATEST ;

Windows 7 is impressive. That word is rarely used in the same sentence as “Microsoft” and “Windows” – certainly not in recent years. But it fits here. ;
It is, without question, the most impressive software development effort Microsoft has ever undertaken .
From a standing start, Windows 7 uses less memory, runs fewer services, and consumes less disk space than its predecessor, Windows Vista.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1472&tag=nl.e539

P.S. This is very good advice, from a different source ;

'' So, is it a good OS? Yes. In fact, I agree with Ed Bott when he calls the OS “impressive.” However, that said, I can’t see any really compelling reason to rush adoption. Take your time, Windows 7 will be there waiting for you 6 months of a year down the line. Over that time it’ll get better, and hardware/driver support will get better, so everyone’s a winner. ''

Last edited by RomeoRob; 10-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Smiles are contagious!!

Exclamation

I cant wait for my free CD. I might hold off installing it though, until all the bugs are ironed out. HMMMMMMM
Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Epic Member

7 Reasons to Get Windows 7 Today (and 6 Reasons Not to) - OS, Software & Networking by ExtremeTech