Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Can't remove program on XP computer,why??

My wife it having an odd problem on her computer, running XP. She has a version of PrintMaster on it and wants to remove the program completely. She goes to add/remove programs and tried to remove it there. It asked for the disc to be inserted and she did that and nothing happens. She has tried it with and without the disc and can't get the program to remove. Is there a trick out there that will make it where this can be accomplished? She IS using Zonealarm if that helps any, WinPatrol and AVG. Even disabling these don't seem to help so I don't think they are any of the problem. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:42 PM
MikeN.

What version? There seem to be alot of people that have had problems uninstalling Printmaster. Was she just using the program and tried to uninstall it? If so,files are in memory and you need to reboot then try. If that doesnt work,try uninstalling it in Safe Mode.

http://www.broderbund.com/store/brod...uctSupportMain

edited: Use Winpatrol to stop any Printmaster processes and try uninstalling
Old 11-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Try reinstalling the program. Then reboot and try uninstalling.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM

[quote=MikeN.;1483641]What version? There seem to be alot of people that have had problems uninstalling Printmaster. Was she just using the program and tried to uninstall it? If so,files are in memory and you need to reboot then try. If that doesnt work,try uninstalling it in Safe Mode.

It just quit working and she couldn't get it to do anything, so she was gonna uninstall it and try to do a reinstall. It's Printmaster 16 Gold. I looked at the Broderland link you gave and it didn't have anything for this particular version, but did have uninstall for Printmaster with any particular version. I've sent that to her and she will try that. Thanks and I'll come back with results.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:45 PM
MikeN.

Found this at Broderbund support about manual uninstalling the program. I know you said she put in the cd and nothing happened, try going to My Computer and double clicking the cd that contains the disk and then click on setup.exe, then Program Maintenance. Sort of a work around for the cd not starting itself and getting to the same point mentioned below.

Deleting PrintMaster®

NOTE: The following procedure describes manually uninstalling PrintMaster®. This procedure should only be completed if attempts to uninstall PrintMaster® using the program's uninstaller (accessed through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel) were unsuccessful. To uninstall PrintMaster® using the program's uninstaller, navigate to the Windows® Control Panel, double-click the Add-Remove Programs, select PrintMaster and click Remove (or Add/Remove) and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the program.

If previous attempts to uninstall PrintMaster® through Add/Remove Programs were unsuccessful, complete the following procedure.

1. Close all programs and windows and return to the desktop.
2. Insert the PrintMaster DVD or Install CD into the proper drive. The PrintMaster Setup window will open.
3. Click Next. The Program Maintenance window will open.
4. Click inside the circle before the Remove option to place a dot there and click Next to open the Remove the Program window.
5. Click Remove. The Uninstalling PrintMaster window will appear.
6. When the InstallShield Wizard Completed window appears, click Finish and remove the disc from the drive. PrintMaster® has been uninstalled.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Just back from Vietnam - Printmaster must be deleted using the install CD as detailed above. Newer versions may not need this convoluted mechanism.
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend