Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Tube2file downloader & converte

I am wanting to confirm a free program being safe to download. It specifically converts youtube music videos to mp3. The program is availible to download from >>> listentoyoutube.com . I have been using the website to do online conversion. I have converted several music videos to mp3's and then file in my music folder on my pc. I have not noticed any problems. It is not convenient to do that way because the website server for converting can be busy with other users. So today I notice the free program that would do the same thing and not have the interference with the converted being used by others. The free program is Tube2File. I will be grateful to feel secure in going ahead and downloading the program. Then I won't have to use the online converter. Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Thus far the program appears to have no safety ratings one way or another, though it clearly states that it is ad supported which can be something that could possibly cause problems. I am not saying it is just wanted you to be aware. Programs that are only ad supported can possibly bring in something you don't want.

Do be aware of this legal notice concerning the downloading of copyrighted material that is posted on the website for the program you are questioning

Quote:
LEGAL NOTICE: Tube2File is an open-source project that was created as a "proof of concept" and should not be considered a solicitation for downloading copyrighted material illegally. You must have permission to download any video, and we will not be held liable for any copyright infringement made on your part. The software is ad-supported.
Also note the information given on the ListenToYouTube website:
Quote:
By using the service provided by this site you acknowledge and agree to the following terms of service/use:

1. This service is not to be used to download audio that is copyrighted.
Just wanted you to be made aware of what is said concerning copyrighted material downloads.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.33.1.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Thumbs up Thanking Jholland for reply to my posted question

Thankyou for your information. I am aware of the copywright issues that occur in downloading things. How can a person check out the different videos on youtube for copywrite issues. Particularly for this very purpose of extracting the music to convert to mp3. I don't want to knowingly do that, but when it is already on a website it is open to people it would seem to me. I have used limewire before. But I heard so much about that program not being safe and getting exposed to infecting my computer. I took that program off my computer. That was actually what I was wondering about for the Tube2file program. Its really great to have a place to go for asking questions Thanks again.

imgrateful 1 always
Jean
Old 10-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Almost Really Old Member

One thing about the ListenToYouTube website that you are presently using, they will block the conversion of any videos to mp3 if the copyright owner requests it. Frankly, for this possible bit of legal protection, I would stick with that website.
For the program you asked about, I would be leery. It's website says, "Most Recommended Download"...but no mention or links to who or where the recommendations come from, which, to me anyway, is certainly a key piece of information that is missing. When you see this for good, highly rated programs you also will be given the links to who and where this recommendation has been given so you can read the recommendations, and usually other comments, for yourself before you actually download.

They also give no guarantee that using their program will truly be any faster than what you are doing now.

You were 100% correct to stop using Limewire, for one thing LimeWire is under a court order dated October 26, 2010 to stop distributing the LimeWire software. That court order had nothing to do with the real possibility of getting "more than you bargained for" when downloading music using P2P file sharing. The court order is because the downloading of copyrighted material without first paying for it is illegal. Peer-To-Peer file sharing is also one of the easiest ways to end up with very serious infections on your computer because you truly don't know where it came from or what else it may contain.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.33.1.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 AM

listentoyoutube and thanking jholland

Thanks. Early morning is probably low traffic time to use that website. and Thanks to your input, I will put this to rest !! hopefully another person might be helped too, as a result. My first songs to convert from youtube were the ones Sarah Mclachan sang at the 911 memorial at the flight 93 site. I have been happy with the quality afterwards. thanks again.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm View Post
Thanks. Early morning is probably low traffic time to use that website. and Thanks to your input, I will put this to rest !! hopefully another person might be helped too, as a result. My first songs to convert from youtube were the ones Sarah Mclachan sang at the 911 memorial at the flight 93 site. I have been happy with the quality afterwards. thanks again.
An amazing songs!
"I Will Remember You" and "In The Arms of An Angel". I get a lump in my throat every time I hear her sing that one. First time I heard her sing this song was on Good Morning America the morning that John Kennedy Jr. died. If I remember correctly she actually flew in from California to be able to sing it live on the show that morning. An amazing song.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up